jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Google V Yahoo

1. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

Over the past few weeks I have noticed a surge of visitors to my hubpages from Yahoo, and for the first time today yahoo actually sent me more visitors than Google about 20% more, has anyone else noticed the difference?
    hubages seems to be getting even more street cred.....jimmy

2. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I, too, have noticed that I've recieved a good deal of Yahoo traffic. I'm not sure the statistics of it, as I have not looked too deeply into the change, but I have definately noticed a definate increase.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

The search traffic numbers across HubPages are now pretty close to what comscore reports, except that we haven't gotten much respect from Microsoft or Ask.com yet.  I believe Microsoft and Ask don't crawl quite as much or as fast as yahoo and google, so it makes sense that they would lag behind a little for a relatively new and growing site like HubPages.

Search across HubPages:

Google: 63%
    Yahoo: 27%
    MSN/Live: 5%
    AOL/Timewarner: 3%
    Other: 2%

And yes, yahoo traffic has surged a bit in the last month or two.  It's good to have a diversity of traffic sources because any one of them could turn on you at a moments notice.

4. Apae profile image72
    Apaeposted 8 years ago

That's quite strange. I've always used Google for searching, simply because it loads alot faster. Perhaps in the future I will check my traffic and get back to you guys on how Yahoo vs Google goes.