jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

One of my articles was automatically picked up by a niche site. How?

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image83
    Ivan Hernandezposted 2 weeks ago

My article on the Paris Accord just got automatically picked up by niche site. Can they do that? My Autism article, which is arguably one of my best articles, didn't get picked up by a niche site, but my Paris accord article did? How?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image88
      Jeremy Gillposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Hubs you publish are automatically considered for niche sites. Niche sites should have greater views, so it's a good thing to have your articles moved. It's true that sometimes as writers we feel odd when some of our "lesser" work is moved over our "better" writing, but it happens. The number of views your article has accumulated also matters; did your Paris article have more? That may be why it was relocated. Best of luck.

Ivan Hernandezposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

No, The Paris article was recently published and professionally edited, but my autism article has more views.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image97
          Sherry Hewinsposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

HubPro editing almost always means your hub is being moved. Apparently, they think it has potential.

How come my Bray Wyatt Article wasn't moved to a niche site? Wait? Are you suggesting that my Autism article doesn't have potential? For the past 2 days, I've been noticing 2 red up arrows beside my Autism article, which is one more than what my Paris article has been doing. I've been working extensively on my Autism article. My Hubscore increased to 83 now, but you say it is meaningless. Does that mean that my Autism article failed, that it was not meant to be on a niche site? What's going on?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image88
              Jeremy Gillposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I'd avoid looking at as "If this article isn't moved, that means it's bad or doesn't have potential." Plenty of quality articles aren't moved for one reason or another. It's also possible that HubPage Moderators simply have a different perspective than you on which of your articles are best, or they haven't yet gotten around to evaluating your Autism article for a niche site.

2. Ivan Hernandez profile image83

My Paris article had less than 80 views in 14 days when it happened.

2. Sustainable Sue profile image91
    Sustainable Sueposted 2 weeks ago

Some of it also depends on how many others have written articles on the topic, and how good they are. Although the Paris Accord is not new, if your take on it had to do with recent events and no one else has written about that, then for sure you'd be moved to a niche site.

3. poppyr profile image92
    poppyrposted 2 weeks ago

You don't have to submit articles to niche sites for them to be picked up and put there by a moderator or editor. Congratulations on making it to a niche site!

4. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

Congratulations on having a Hub accepted to a niche site, Ivan.  You should feel proud of that achievement.

When you publish a brand new Hub, the editors look at it and decide whether it is suitable for  a niche site. They look at spelling, grammar, but they also look at how useful the information is to readers of the niche site. If they decide it's suitable, they will move the Hub to a niche site very quickly.  They don't wait to see whether it will get any views. 

If they decide it's not suitable, it will not be moved.  You can improve the Hub and try submitting it again (using the "Submit to a Network Site" button at the top of each Hub), but you can only submit one every fortnight, so you need to be patient and choose carefully which one you want to submit. 

The thing to remember is that it's not enough for a Hub to have perfect spelling and grammar - the information has to be useful to readers on the niche site.   So, for instance, I might write a Hub about how to make scrambled eggs, and be disappointed it doesn't get moved.  But when I look on the niche site, I see lots of recipes for scrambled eggs already, and readers don't need another one.  I will need to give mine a different flavour if I want it to be accepted.

working