jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

QAP passing

1. pen promulgates profile image80
    pen promulgatesposted 2 weeks ago

I hv just read in a thread discussion the articles with better quality features quickly whereas ones that are low may take time. Is it true? I don't think so! I have had articles that got featured at once without any rejection or hubpro edits. However, the time taken to get featured was around 8 to 9 hours. I always thought it depends on the work load the moderators have. Is there more to it? HUBBERS Plz help.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 weeks ago

I think your track record plays a part. When I started here it took up to eight hours to get featured. Now with more than 180 featured Hubs and most going on to niche sites approval takes a couple of hours.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
      Jesse Drzalposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I think there is definitely some merit behind that.

3. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 2 weeks ago

I remember when you first joined, Rupert. You have been very busy! Good for you glad it's working out..

1. pen promulgates profile image80
      pen promulgatesposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Hey Jessie, what's your opinion about QAP processing?

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
        Jesse Drzalposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I think that all around it is a fair process. Besides going through Hubpages editors there are other factors like Mturk where the work is graded also. Whenever someone posts in forums looking for advice to pass, I don't think I have ever disagreed with it not being featured.

4. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

Logically, the speed of the QAP has to depend on the workload of the team.  The QAP is done through MTurk and because they are all home workers, the size of the team that's available must fluctuate depending on who's logged on at the time. 

Likewise the decision to move to the niche sites - that's done by the editors and some sites are more popular than others, so naturally it's going to take longer for some than others.

working