jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: 5 Great Office Christmas Party Venues in Sydney!

1. profile image58
    tomsjohn2017posted 2 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub 5 Great Office Christmas Party Venues in Sydney! (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Hello Tom, welcome to HubPages.

We give tough feedback here, so be prepared smile

Firstly, why are you limiting the premise of the hub to 'office' parties? Couldn't these places just be great venues for any kind of party? You actually say that in the article, so think about changing the title to reflect what you are writing.

Lose the exclamation point in the title. Lose the exclamation points throughout the text.

Get rid of the links to Sidney Cruises. Not permitted.

Put each venue into its own text capsule. This gives you the chance to add photos in between them.

Make sure your images are credited properly in the image capsules, and are legal-to-use  https://hubpageshelp.com/media/Learning … -image-use If you use images that you find on the internet you are risking being sued, or receiving a demand for payment.

The article is a little short. Could you add some personal experiences of these places you're recommending?

Hope that helps.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

Actually, I don't agree with Raggededge about not restricting your search to office parties.  You're specifically offering Christmas party venues for large groups, and the most likely person to be looking for that type of venue is a secretary looking for an office party venue.  Your title should match what poeple are likely to type into Google, and therefore including a reference to the office or company is a good thing.
    However if you try Googling it and look at the searches at the bottom of the page, you'll find "Staff Christmas Party" seems to be a more popular search, so I'd consider that. 

Raggededge gives you good advice about splitting the text into capsules and putting photographs of the venues between them. 

By linking twice to the cruise company, you make it obvious that you're promoting a business.  That's not allowed on HubPages.  You may get away with ONE link to the Sydney cruises but you need to be smart about it.

First of all, make specific reference to it and give reasons why you recommend it, e.g. "A popular choice for Christmas parties in Sydney is a cruise on the harbour, but boat sizes and standards vary.   The Australian Cruise Group (make that a link) is a good choice because they offer a choice of larger vessels with good facilities, suitable for a more upmarket corporate event." 

Ideally, see if you can find a cruise company that has boats suitable for small, budget events and link to that in the same manner.  Then link to the other venues you're recommending. And yes, I'd agree with Raggededge that you need to make your reviews of those venues sound more real and personal.  Right now you could've just lifted the detail from their brochure, you're not adding anything original to the mix.

3. profile image58
    tomsjohn2017posted 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your suggestions friends,

working