jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Do I have to attach my bio?

1. em_saenz profile image75
    em_saenzposted 2 weeks ago

On rule 8 of the niche requirements it says use the hub tool to attach my bio. Do I have to do this to be considerd?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image88
      Jeremy Gillposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

No, I'm pretty sure it's not required, as I have several niche Hubs without a bio.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image88
        Jeremy Gillposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

As the others have mentioned, it's a good idea to include it. Not strictly necessary, but I wanted to reiterate that it can help. Best of luck.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

A bio is not absolutely essential, but (as I said in another thread), the niche sites are the future of HubPages, and where you will earn better income.  Therefore I would strongly recommend doing everything possible to ensure your Hubs meet the criteria.  If your Hub is borderline in other ways, a good bio might be the thing that gets you over the line - you never know!

Are you struggling to think up a bio for a particular Hub?  What's it about and what experience do you have in that field?  We might be able to help think up some wording for you.

em_saenzposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

The hub is about international bus travel in Europe, I travel all the time by that method and want to use my experience to help others. Also what is this hub bio tool?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

If you go to your Account page and click "About the Author" in the nav bar, you'll find it.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image85
    Terrielynn1posted 2 weeks ago

I wws told you should. it tells the reader how you qualify for your article or how your experience makes youy qualified to speak on the topic. When people see you know what your talking about especially on niche sites they are more likley to read any you have that my be related.

4. Terrielynn1 profile image85
    Terrielynn1posted 2 weeks ago

em, When you are on edit in your article it's on right side of your page. Click on the arrow. You add your copyright, name and bio information then hit the save button.

em_saenzposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks all for the help and good wishes

working