jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: UpWork Tip: How to get an approval for your UpWork

1. Arleen Roja profile image79
    Arleen Rojaposted 2 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. After receiving the message that my article was not featured, I removed an Amazon capsule and added some phrases there to make it a bit longer. Will you please give feedback on my Hub UpWork Tip: How to get an approval for your UpWork profile. What can I do to improve? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Lynn

2. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 weeks ago

Better sit down, this is going to be a bit harsh.

Your opening makes no sense to me. There are numerous quotes with poor grammar and punctuation. I don't know what's going on. You need to explain what UpWork is to those of us - I'm guessing it's a lot of people - who don't know what it is.

Taking a screen shot of a letter does not qualify as content.

"What are we missing despite of all the work around you did there?" That is a sentence that is close to gibberish.

"Don't check other platforms right away, that's not how a great freelancer act." Should be acts.

The piece is filled with similar grammar issues.

Overuse of italics and bold face.

You need to add legal-to-use images.

Your headline is way too long and needs to be in Title Face.

You need to spend time at the Learning Center here https://hubpageshelp.com/

Arleen Rojaposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you so much! I appreciate it. No worries, I always take things positively. I admit that my grammar is not perfect but I'm doing my best to keep on learning. Images in my blogs are legal to use because I only use my own pictures from my own experiences.
      I have target readers which are UpWork freelancers and I share these articles to them through our group, so I think I will skip the part where I need to explain what UpWork is.
      I'll surely use your guide because this is a great help!

3. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 2 weeks ago

Hi Arleen,

I'd dispense with the 'A lot of people....' introduction. We often start articles like this because we can't think of a better way. However, it's best to grab your reader's attention up front..."What is UpWork? If you are a freelancer you might remember Elance and ODesk, well UpWork is an amalgamation of those two sites..." Then go on to explain what kind of work Upwork is a agency for - use a bullet list:

Web content
    Blog posts
    Software design
    Graphic design
    Voice-overs
    etcetera

Add an appropriate image of someone at work on a laptop under a palm tree or something. You can get one or two at Pixabay.

Then do as Rupert suggests, fix your grammar and change your title to something like "How to Get Your UpWork Profile Approved".

Hope that helps.

Arleen Rojaposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you! That really helps a lot! I will edit the article once more smile

4. yogaburnclub profile image84
    yogaburnclubposted 2 weeks ago

Hi please make the article more engaging consider having more capsule that has photos and video. Consider reading the element of stellar article

5. Arleen Roja profile image79
    Arleen Rojaposted 12 days ago

I'd like to thank you all for helping me out. Good news, it is now a featured article.

6. Lord of Poetry profile image75
    Lord of Poetryposted 12 days ago

Hi Arlene,

I read the knowledgeable comments here of our fellow Hubbers.  Unfortunately, I cannot advise you myself.

Although I am familiar with Upwork, my level of familiarity with it is just about my level of familiarity with Hub Pages, even worse.  I need to learn more myself. 

So let me just wish you good luck as you try to improve your writing ability. 

Regards,

Jose

Arleen Rojaposted 12 days ago in reply to this

Thank you Jose!

working