jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)

Has anyone else seen no earnings from Adsense over the past 2 days!

1. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 12 days ago

This is a first for me, is there a problem with Adsense?

1. eugbug profile image94
      eugbugposted 12 days ago in reply to this

With the HubPages earning program turned on or off Sally? My 'normal' Adsense earnings are non-zero for today and yesterday at least, with the HubPages program turned on.

sallybeaposted 12 days ago in reply to this

Hubpages is turned and Adsense has been surprisingly good lately.  This is what made me think there might be a problem.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 days ago in reply to this

Not with me, but I have turned off the HP part of the payment program.  Income on Adsense has been quite brisk, in fact yesterday I had the highest earning Adsense day since I started using just Adsense at the end of April.

If the program is working on my end, I would assume the rest of it is working as well.

1. Azure11 profile image89
        Azure11posted 12 days ago in reply to this

Ha ha TT2, I had the worst adsense day for a long while on my own sites yesterday!

3. promisem profile image96
      promisemposted 12 days ago in reply to this

Yes, I have. It could be any number of reasons.

4. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 12 days ago in reply to this

No, I'm showing earnings from Adsense. Like yours, mine have been showing some good returns lately.

2. robhampton profile image90
    robhamptonposted 12 days ago

Since this is a fresh Forum maybe this is a good time to ask. Why do people turn on or off hubpages or AdSense? I use both, at least I think I do. I earn much more through hubpages. what would happen if I turned off the hubpages ads? Do those earnings then go to AdSense? Any help would be appreciated thank you

1. eugbug profile image94
      eugbugposted 12 days ago in reply to this
  3. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image90
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 12 days ago

If your traffic is mainly from the UK, a lot of people will be watching Wimbledon. big_smile (rather than browsing the internet).

No, most of my traffic comes from the States but yes they could be:)  Mind you I have been watching the Tour de France:)

4. Chriswillman90 profile image93
    Chriswillman90posted 12 days ago

Sticking with HP ads right now as they're really profitable. Looks like stats have been freezing lately for past few days.

Yes, I am too as CPM has been higher lately.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image93
        Chriswillman90posted 12 days ago in reply to this

So far June and July have much higher CPMs than last year despite the usual summer lull so perhaps these new ad integrations are working.

I just wish most of my Amazon links weren't snipped.

It seems to me that you actually have to use the product or turn it into a product review before they are left alone.  My ads are invariably changed into links instead of the old fashioned ads which in my eyes are more open and transparent.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 12 days ago in reply to this

Chris, I'd suggest taking a look at my Hub on "The Basic Rules".   You wouldn't be the first long-standing Hubber who THINKS they know the rules, but you've missed a crucial detail. 

As TimeTraveler2 posted recently, she has plenty of Hubs which have transferred to the niche sites with Amazon products intact, and she follows the rules I outline in that Hub. 

(Note:  Personally, I don't agree with the limitations HubPages has placed on Amazon ads, but it's their site so it's their privilege).

1. Chriswillman90 profile image93
            Chriswillman90posted 12 days ago in reply to this

I did read your hub and your point about specifically outlining a personal recommendation about the product is what might have caused those links to get snipped. However I do think the rules are far too stringent, I have hubs that are 100 percent about the product and the link was about that product.

I've been using in-text vs Amazon capsules because I thought they were preferred but I guess it doesn't matter. I also never used more than one amazon link per article and each was well over 1000 words.

So what do you recommend, using amazon capsules and writing personal experiences in the description or separate paragraphs outlining my experience with using the product near the text link.

5. eugbug profile image94
    eugbugposted 12 days ago

My CPM has plummeted in the last 10 days. Is suppose it all depends on what you write about.

I am sorry to hear it.

working