jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Photo Format

1. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I am in the middle of creating a hub (that will take me more than a week to complete) which is requiring me to be able to place two photos side by side. Since I can't use HTML, this is impossible.

Is there any way that this could be added so that pictures can be placed side by side? I'm correcting it by using an Amazon capsule, but I fear it will look out of place on the finished hub.

2. shibashake profile image84
    shibashakeposted 7 years ago

Right now, I think the only way to do this is to manually place the pictures side by side using a picture editing program, and then pasting the finished product as a single picture on HubPages.

I am not really sure why HubPages does not allow picture capsules to be offset to the left. I suppose they want articles to have a more standardized look.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's never been able to.

That's the way only way it can be done.

If you need captioning you could put two text capsules underneath, side by side, and write the caption in each.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

My husband suggested that, shibashake, but I don't feel like it's going to work in this case because of the captioning. I might try to find an image with the two persons in the photos standing side by side, but I would prefer to be able to have the two separate photos that way.

I would LOVE to be able to offset left!

4. JamaGenee profile image88
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

***Technically***you should be able to make a photo capsule align at the right of a second, same as with a text capsule.

How odd that it won't.   Hmmmmm....

5. Frieda Babbley profile image80
    Frieda Babbleyposted 7 years ago

glad I found this because i was going to start a thread on this issue.  I've been needing to place align left photos for asthetics and variation.  Some photos require this for eye flow.  I really don't see a reason for not being able to do this.  Hoping a hubpages staffer could address this here?

6. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

I have been wanting to do this too but it never has worked

7. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I think the left side is preferable for ads since surveys say that people are attracted to certain spots on a site to encourage clicks hmm

8. Sally's Trove profile image100
    Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago

HP Team, is there a reason you can't modify the photo capsule to allow side by side placement of photos?  That would be a very useful option.