jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: 5 reasons why you should go for Isha Yoga

1. Karuna P Kukkar profile image60
    Karuna P Kukkarposted 3 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub 5 reasons why you should go for Isha Yoga (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Karuna,

I agree with Pen, this has the makings of a great article.

A couple of things:

Put the title into title case and reword it slightly to make it more likely to be picked up by search engines: "5 Reasons To Choose Isha Yoga"

You have placed the hub under the category of travel. This is incorrect and will prevent your hub being approved. You could try Health/Quality of Life and Wellness.

Change the phrase 'jerk off' - it means something completely different big_smile You need to use 'shrug off'. 'Log horns' should be 'Lock horns'.

Your English is pretty good but you could clean it up by deleting a lot of unnecessary words, here's an example:

"The fact that our happiness is our making, relieved me from the burden of keeping expectations from life and people both. A person is equally capable of being happy or unhappy in his or her own company than being in anyone else's company. "

Knowing that happiness is a personal choice, relieves me from placing a burden of expectation on other people, and on life itself. A person can be equally as happy (or unhappy) in solitude, as when in the company of another."

You could try pasting your text into an online grammar checker. I'd suggest using Grammarly first to pick up errors, then Hemingway to tighten up the writing.

Remove the bold text. It's not necessary. If a word or short phrase needs emphasizing, use italics.

In the section, sub-titled 'Choice between being...' go into Edit and press Enter after 'born'. Your paragraphs run together and you need a blank line between them.

Hope that helps smile

Karuna P Kukkarposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks for suggesting corrections. This is indeed helpful. I have made the changes suggested by you and have made some other changes too. Republished it. Keeping my fingers crossed. ☺️

2. pen promulgates profile image81
    pen promulgatesposted 3 weeks ago

Hi karuna,

Welcome to Hubpages.

I like your article. I also like the images and I am sure you have taken those by yourself (so it's legal)

However, you article looks promotional. You also have links to the yoga center. It's like promoting the business. That's why it didn't clear the QAP perhaps.

The length is too short too. It can be an amazing hub if you spoke in details about your experience as to how it changed you.

Karuna P Kukkarposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi,

Yes, you are right, the images were clicked by me. Thanks for all your suggestions. Have republished. Hope it works this time.☺️

1. pen promulgates profile image81
        pen promulgatesposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Lovely. The article looks much better. Let us know if it has got featured!

3. pen promulgates profile image81

Hey raggededge,
    What about the links to the yoga center. It directs to the website where one can enroll. Can she still use them?
    If we like services of some websites/centers, and wanna write about them, can we use their links to enroll and stuff?

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

I would leave them in and see if it passes QAP after editing. They don't seem promotional to me. If it failed, I'd keep the most important one, whichever it is, and try again.

You'd have great difficulty getting an affiliate link approved. You might be able to get a general one through. You'd have to try. Don't forget, everyone is capable of using Google to find a website these days smile

4. pen promulgates profile image81

Wonderful advice.

working