any revenue generating site?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)
  1. profile image49
    ladyvenusposted 14 years ago

Hupgaes allows us to write hubs and received revenues thru affiliates. Is there any other site that offer the same?

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. icewave5 profile image59
    icewave5posted 14 years ago

Theres so many it is not funny.. luckily hubpages is the best and most fun..

3. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 14 years ago

Squidoo is another one.  I have been writing over there for more than 2 years now.  There is a link in my hubpages profile to view my Squidoo lenses if you want to see what that site is all about.

1. mandybeau profile image58
      mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Squidoolooks interesting Thnx janet.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I happen to have written a hub on that subject smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Writing-Sites-I … -and-Loved

1. engagetora profile image58
      engagetoraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

5. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Ummm, not really sure what exactly is THAT funny about it?

6. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

Yeah really Misha - Uninvited writer has a good list on that hub. I just started with Infobarrel -I wrote a review here http://lissowerbutts.com/what-is-infoba … ve-income/

OP as you haven't acutally made any hubs here I suspect you need to focus on one site for a month or 2 before you start with more!

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmmm... I shall be looking more into that, even if just to publish a handful of articles.

I've bookmarked your review. If I do sign up it'll be via your referral.

1. Lissie profile image76
        Lissieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Glen - its an interesting one - I am trying to push myself to get to 30 ptns this month so I can have 90% Adsense share next month. The editors are friendly and prompt the tools are a bit primitive - but you can use html - which you may find useful...

7. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

Lissie, she removed her hubs. There were quite a few very good hubs. I've been a fan of hers for a couple of weeks now, and with good reason.

That's even odder then? In my experience HP is the best revenue sharing site out there in terms of ease of getting traffic and therefore revenue

1. Everyday Miracles profile image85
        Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I have a Squidoo account but I'm struggling to get visits. Of course I've only had two lenses for three days, but regardless, I do better with a new hub and internal traffic.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps she had unrealistic expectations. As we all know, it's common to earn little or nothing for the first two or three months, even on HubPages.  Most newbies fondly imagine they're going to start earning immediately.

8. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 14 years ago

I agree, InfoBarrel looks interesting.  I am not sure I am crazy about other people editing my articles, though.  Lizzie or Uninvited Writer, have you had any of your articles edited by someone else yet?  If so, what was your experience with that?

Well of course my articles are perfect and do not require editing ... :-) I asked the same question cause I don't want anyone helpfully changing my links! The reply was that if someone does edit your article - then it needs to be approved by an InfoBarrel admin person and you get a notification too - its designed to pick up typos and grammatical errors.

I really think you'd need to be getting a life if you are going around picking up typos on other people's work - its not like you get any financial reward for it!

I haven't had anyone try editing any of my perfect prose yet...

9. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Honestly I really did not like that infobarrel allows others to edit work, which is why I did not sign up.  Once I shared some of my hubs on a Google group, and someone edited my links for me to something I would never post, so I have seen the funny and weird side of this.

10. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

@Mandyblue - you seem to do this a lot - just repost someone elses comment on at thread - please don't it just clutters the thread and doesn't add to the discussion

@Sweetpie - I see your point - Knol does it too - its an extension of the wiki thing - I'm OK with it so long as I am notified and admin has to approve.

I do it for the sheer Hell of it and it is  Beau not Blue Fissie. Get over yourself.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lissie has a good point, Mandybeau - I don't think she has anything to "get over".  When you're trying to catch up with a thread, it's downright annoying when people repeat great chunks of earlier posts, then add either an inane comment or nothing at all.

I suppose Marisa that, that, is the case, but I just as I said hit, the keys,impulsively, assuming as it wouldn't bother me, it wouldn't be that much of a "mish"! for others.  But there is a way of stating something [...]

<snipped personal attack>

To whoever snipped personal attack, I think everyone should be able to handle what is dished out. It wasn't that personal, I was just stating my
            opinion. I am always like that. You can snip till you are Blue I still have the same opinion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)