jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)

any revenue generating site?

1. 61
    ladyvenusposted 7 years ago

Hupgaes allows us to write hubs and received revenues thru affiliates. Is there any other site that offer the same?

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this
  2. icewave5 profile image60
    icewave5posted 7 years ago

Theres so many it is not funny.. luckily hubpages is the best and most fun..

3. Janet21 profile image75
    Janet21posted 7 years ago

Squidoo is another one.  I have been writing over there for more than 2 years now.  There is a link in my hubpages profile to view my Squidoo lenses if you want to see what that site is all about.

1. mandybeau profile image60
      mandybeauposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Squidoolooks interesting Thnx janet.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I happen to have written a hub on that subject smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Writing-Sites-I … -and-Loved

1. engagetora profile image67
      engagetoraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL

5. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Ummm, not really sure what exactly is THAT funny about it?

6. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

Yeah really Misha - Uninvited writer has a good list on that hub. I just started with Infobarrel -I wrote a review here http://lissowerbutts.com/what-is-infoba … ve-income/

OP as you haven't acutally made any hubs here I suspect you need to focus on one site for a month or 2 before you start with more!

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hmmmmm... I shall be looking more into that, even if just to publish a handful of articles.

I've bookmarked your review. If I do sign up it'll be via your referral.

1. Lissie profile image87
        Lissieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Glen - its an interesting one - I am trying to push myself to get to 30 ptns this month so I can have 90% Adsense share next month. The editors are friendly and prompt the tools are a bit primitive - but you can use html - which you may find useful...

7. Everyday Miracles profile image91
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

Lissie, she removed her hubs. There were quite a few very good hubs. I've been a fan of hers for a couple of weeks now, and with good reason.

That's even odder then? In my experience HP is the best revenue sharing site out there in terms of ease of getting traffic and therefore revenue

1. Everyday Miracles profile image91
        Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree. I have a Squidoo account but I'm struggling to get visits. Of course I've only had two lenses for three days, but regardless, I do better with a new hub and internal traffic.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps she had unrealistic expectations. As we all know, it's common to earn little or nothing for the first two or three months, even on HubPages.  Most newbies fondly imagine they're going to start earning immediately.

8. Janet21 profile image75
    Janet21posted 7 years ago

I agree, InfoBarrel looks interesting.  I am not sure I am crazy about other people editing my articles, though.  Lizzie or Uninvited Writer, have you had any of your articles edited by someone else yet?  If so, what was your experience with that?

Well of course my articles are perfect and do not require editing ... :-) I asked the same question cause I don't want anyone helpfully changing my links! The reply was that if someone does edit your article - then it needs to be approved by an InfoBarrel admin person and you get a notification too - its designed to pick up typos and grammatical errors.

I really think you'd need to be getting a life if you are going around picking up typos on other people's work - its not like you get any financial reward for it!

I haven't had anyone try editing any of my perfect prose yet...

9. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Honestly I really did not like that infobarrel allows others to edit work, which is why I did not sign up.  Once I shared some of my hubs on a Google group, and someone edited my links for me to something I would never post, so I have seen the funny and weird side of this.

10. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

@Mandyblue - you seem to do this a lot - just repost someone elses comment on at thread - please don't it just clutters the thread and doesn't add to the discussion

@Sweetpie - I see your point - Knol does it too - its an extension of the wiki thing - I'm OK with it so long as I am notified and admin has to approve.

I do it for the sheer Hell of it and it is  Beau not Blue Fissie. Get over yourself.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Lissie has a good point, Mandybeau - I don't think she has anything to "get over".  When you're trying to catch up with a thread, it's downright annoying when people repeat great chunks of earlier posts, then add either an inane comment or nothing at all.

I suppose Marisa that, that, is the case, but I just as I said hit, the keys,impulsively, assuming as it wouldn't bother me, it wouldn't be that much of a "mish"! for others.  But there is a way of stating something [...]

<snipped personal attack>

To whoever snipped personal attack, I think everyone should be able to handle what is dished out. It wasn't that personal, I was just stating my
            opinion. I am always like that. You can snip till you are Blue I still have the same opinion.

working