jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Writing

1. Agathe L profile image87
    Agathe Lposted 3 weeks ago

what kind of articles people are interested in the most? what kind of articles that get lots of views? is it relationship? culinary? tell me your opinion and what kind of articles you like reading

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

When you find out, come back and tell all of us big_smile

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Topics that are always relevant to most people. We are talking long-term and your average person. In other words, what is it everyone is always going to want information about?

3. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

People like to know:
      how to make things
      how to fix things
      where to get a great deal
      how to make their lives better

2. CYong74 profile image90
    CYong74posted 3 weeks ago

You can use something like Google Trends to get a few of what people are currently interested in. Google Adwords, on the other hand, will give you quite a good idea of how popular a topic is over a longer stretch of time.

3. lori811 profile image74
    lori811posted 3 weeks ago

I hear ya on that. Also what articles merit the Hub Network, 'cause in all due respect, some of them leave much to be desired.

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

It doesn't matter what we want to read about - you are not writing for us.   The active community on HubPages is very small and you won't make any money writing for it.  To be successful here, you need to write for people who are searching for answers to a question or problem on Google.  That's how you get readers.  Ask yourself what problems people have, that you could offer knowledgeable advice about.

5. Stephen Sinclair profile image83
    Stephen Sinclairposted 3 weeks ago

Have you tried searching for trending topics with Google Trends? Something I do is query the term "who is" like at this link:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explor … q=who%20is

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll see "Related queries" and a box that let's you choose between "Top" and "Rising." You'll get good suggestions from both, but I tend to get more good ones from "Rising."

"Who is Harry Herbert" is the No. 1 "Rising" complete query at the moment. I have know idea who that is, but if you keep looking, you'll find topics that you know about. This is a great way to get views.

Once you understand that, try other queries like "How do you,"  "What does," and anything else you can think of.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Ha... I know who he is. He was a long-time friend of Princess Diana. There was a programme on in the UK last night about her and interviews with him featured heavily.  Seemed like a nice chap, what-ho!

6. techwindow profile image80
    techwindowposted 3 weeks ago

There is opportunity in every niche. However, your knowledge should be in depth and you should offer something unique to the audience.

7. poppyr profile image90
    poppyrposted 3 weeks ago

What do you know a lot about? Everyone has something they know well. My game guides get a lot of traffic because I make a lot of guides about one game.

For example, if you know a lot about a certain town, or a particular martial art, or a mental disorder, you should write as much as you can about that topic.

Another idea is to search the ideas you have in HubPages and see if the topic has been covered before. Try to contribute something that hasn't been talked about here yet.

8. Agathe L profile image87
    Agathe Lposted 3 weeks ago

Okay, thank you guys for giving me your thoughts! It gives me a gist of where I should start. I will check out google trend!

working