jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Can I edit comments capsules?

1. Barack James profile image87
    Barack Jamesposted 2 weeks ago

I have noticed few mistakes in some of my comments, is there any way of editing typo mistakes on comment capsules?

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

If you are referring to reader comments, no you can't. I'd love to be able to do that, as I have to decline posts because they are so badly expressed and almost unreadable - textspeak, for example. I'd be happy to have a note on them saying, "Edited for brevity" or something. Apparently, Sir Google, doesn't like 'low-quality comments'.

2. pen promulgates profile image81
    pen promulgatesposted 2 weeks ago

I see the option to edit the comment  on the featured articles only. Although the time frame given is just 5 minutes after you have commented. For forum discussions and Q&A, there is no edit comment option. Even I wish there was one.

1. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I think you can edit forum posts if you click more.  As I recall you can only do it in over a short time frame.  Yup, I just tried it and you can.

3. Barack James profile image87

OK, so unfortunate I think something should be done about it...

1. Marie Flint profile image91
      Marie Flintposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Occasionally, I will see a black edit bot next to one of my article titles on my Accounts Page. That means that a reader's comment has been edited. Sometimes, though, the edit bot is wrong--it's rare, but it's good to take a look at the change.

That's all that has been done to date from Hub Pages. Other than that, you'd have to copy the comment, note the submitter's name, delete the comment and then paste it into your own blank comment acknowledging the submitter's name with the corrections. You could put something like (Edited) at the end.

I hope you don't have to do too many of those. Blessings!

4. pen promulgates profile image81
    pen promulgatesposted 2 weeks ago

I Wil try that sallybea

5. Barack James profile image87

Thanks Marie, will try that with a couple of edits

working