jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is Mental illness becoming more prolific.

1. mandybeau profile image60
    mandybeauposted 7 years ago

New Zealand has had its share of hideous crimes, considering it small size. Aramoana was a terrible one when a Gunman ran amok in a small town and killed heaps of people,starting with a Police Officer before his own demise.
    He had been a loner, and profiled as a Pyscopath. He collected Guns and had an arsenal.
    A couple of Days ago a Man shot a Policeman, and held up the Works as he barricaded himself in again with an arsenal, They had to send a Robot in to detonate his Garage which was booby trapped. The poor Cop was left lying on the Road as the Dickhead went about his Business. His friends were on the Telly concerned about him.   Its getting ridiculous.
    This guy was trained in the Army and had a bad temper..... He's gone now but has left his victims  a grieving family.
    My condolences to the Police Officer but as for the Nutter Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Jan Malenaar is no more but I think people should think about the Victim and forget the perpertrator.

2. cindyvine profile image86
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

I can remember hearing that the prisoners were sent to Australia and the mental health patients were sent to New Zealand.  Maybe that's the problem lol it's genetic!

mandybeauposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Great Thnx Cindy figures. My grandfather FRENCH always said there was a lot of imbreeding He felt that the people heerewere below par,. So maybe he was right. They are getting madder and madder............. Also that would explain that the prisoners here were actually sent on work parties, and one of the things they liked to do was cannabalize each other... I AM NOT A NEW ZEALANDER I was just born here.

3. cindyvine profile image86
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

lol Mandy, don't get defensive, I lived there for six long years and couldn't believe the ads on TV for depression and bipolar.  It seems every second person there suffers from some kind of mental illness!

I was jokin Cindy, you are right, and BTWay I don't have Bio Polar or any Mental Condition other than an ability to appear Mental from time to time.... But todays T.V. ads here are showing ads which tell us to be nice to Mental people, and they make you feel so surrounded. Creepy old N.Z. But you did leave brighter tyhan Moi. HHHaaaaaa

4. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

You certainly know how to stir things up on here dont you????????????

Yeah Brenda I am a total Ratbag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Bard of Ely profile image88
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

It depends where you are I think and by that I mean in the UK mental illness is very common and city centres have their share of homeless people who society has given up on. I personally know or have known a lot of people who have been classed as depressives, manic depressives, schizophrenics and other such labels and they were all in the UK. Where I have been living for over four years now I know none, I see no reports in the newspapers about mental illness here, and in the cities I do not see the rejects of society and people with obvious problems.

I met a shrink once , he was very nervyin his persona, He told me that he had seen every Mental condition. I really don't know how they work out which condition a person has, as alot of symptoms are the same, and some patients only display a few, or one even. But this Shrink used to scream jump up and down and have a total Blow out wwhen get this he played lawn bowls, and his team was loosing. He sat on the sideline and chewed his sleeve.
      I have met another one his eyes are all over the place and jittery, amazing. So How do we tell the shrinks from the Patients lol.

working