jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (12 posts)

Some Submissions to Niche Site Approved Quickly/Others Take Weeks

1. CatherineGiordano profile image90
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 weeks ago

Does anyone know why some submissions to niche sits are approved in 24 hours and others go 3 weeks or more. I had one that took over 3 weeks , but was finally approved. I have another now that I have been waiting on for over 3 weeks (The one I submitted 2 weeks after this one is already approved.) Do some of them need a longer review? (if so, why?)  If it is not accepted, would I get a rejection notice?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Some moderators simply have more articles to edit than others!  ...and yes, they will tell you if your article was not accepted.

CatherineGiordanoposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks. Christy recently wrote that letterpile had the biggest backlog, but my submision to letterpile wa approved in 24 hours. Two of my submission to owlcation took over 3 weeks (i week is typical.) So it is making me think that some submissions need to be reviewed by more than one editor.

That's possible.  I also think that people the moderators trust to write good hubs may get  work moved to niches more often.  I've been here a long time, have a to of views, make good money for the site and my submissions, for example, usually get approved within a day. Sometimes new hubs get moved as quickly as two to five days.  It may also have to do with the topics we write about.  Right now, I'm "in season" so my work is very popular.  Last month I got 119,000 page views...the most I've ever had!  That will change in a few months, but if you're hot, they're more likely to move your work quickly I think.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image94
            Chriswillman90posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Perhaps there's some truth to that, they're more likely to move hubs that may get a lot of traffic due to the time of year.

I've been waiting a long time for another hub to get moved but the last one got moved during a traffic spike for my hubs/niche.

My peak traffic occurs in the 4th quarter of the year, so I wouldn't be surprised if it took that long to move any more hubs I've completed.

To date, across both of my sites, which total 150 articles, 118 for RV and 32 for a mixed batch, they've taken all but 9 of the RV articles and all but 1 of the articles from the second site, which is one I just posted today.  Before long, unless I keep writing, there won't be any for them to take!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

No, you don't get notified if they are rejected.  They just don't move.  That's why I say, if it hasn't moved in a month, assume it's failed.

CatherineGiordanoposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I did get a rjection letter once. It was before the 2-week rule started. It even gave some resons. It was boiler plate and it didn't make any sense. It was also a very popular hub.

The one I am currently concerned about is also popular. About a year ago , I had to fie 4 DMCA complaints because other websites kept stealing it. No recent thefts, tho.

Everything else I have submitted has been accepted. It doesn't seem right to not at least get a rejection letter.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91

I said that because I have had several emails telling me that if I corrected certain issues my hub would be accepted.  Usually, if I haven't heard, I send an email asking the status and am usually told that it's in the que waiting to be edited.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Sorry, I was confusing brand new Hubs (which are automatically submitted) and Hubs which you have manually submitted.

3. CatherineGiordano profile image90
      CatherineGiordanoposted 12 days ago in reply to this

My bad. My hub was approved in timely fashion for the niche site. I just checked on it and saw it was in toughtnickel. So I went back to my email and searched and found the notification.  I evidently missed it.

CatherineGiordanoposted 12 days ago in reply to this

I guess I will have to wait to see what happens when a hub is rejected for a niche site.

working