jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Hub not showing-up.

1. pen promulgates profile image80
    pen promulgatesposted 11 days ago

I have a hub that has been indexed on Google, but it doesn't appear in search results even when I put the exact title.

When I put the url of the hub in Google search, it shows up, otherwise it doesn't.

What can be the issue? HUBBERS Plz help.

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 11 days ago in reply to this

I just did two searches for interest. The first I used this query; Reasons why people dislike you. I did not see it after looking through twenty pages. The second query I used the first part of your title; Why people don't like you. It appeared on page thirteen the sixth one down.

I hope that helps . . .

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 days ago

Which one is it?

3. pen promulgates profile image80

Hey Marisa, the hub is:
    Why people don't like you - 20 Reasons to Dislike.

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 days ago

It shows up for me when I paste in the title.

5. pen promulgates profile image80

But in search engine, if I put 'why people don't like you' it doesn't show even in the first twenty pages. That doesn't happen usually, hubs do show up in the search results in the first few pages. What's your advice Marisa?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 days ago in reply to this

Are you logged in to Google when you do the search?   If so, then I'm surprised it doesn't come up near the top, because Google knows you've been looking at it.     If you are logged in, and still not seeing it for pages and pages, then there is too much competition and there are too many older, better articles which can outrank you.

6. pen promulgates profile image80

@ tsmog, thanks. That helps.

7. pen promulgates profile image80

@ Marisa, I am logged in. A week ago I could see it. Now it disappeared.
    Tsmog said he could see it. When I paste the url, the summary is an old summary, not a new one. Actually, when I first wrote the article, I had given it a title 'why people won't like you.' Then something weird got into my head. It said if people want to search that on Google, they are more likely to put 'why people don't like you' not 'why people won't like you' so I deleted the old article and created a new one with a slight change in title and different summary. Now the thing is, if I Google why people won't like you (the old one), it appears on page 3 (you can check too if you want),  but the link won't work as I have deleted it. And the new article doesn't have the new summary. What's do I do?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 days ago in reply to this

You mean you actually deleted the article, just to change the title?  Never do that.  The URL is not that important.   Google is now confused, you'll have to give it time to sort itself out.

2. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 11 days ago in reply to this

Just for info I did the search again and the same result. The summary snippet is:

Jul 30, 2017 - Learn 20 reasons why people don't like you. Signs a person gives to express dislike highlighted. Qualities you must not have in you mentioned.

Hope that helps . . .

Edit: I searched 'Why people won't like you' and it has the same result as the one I did above with the word 'don't'. It is the this article title in the results: Why People Don't Like You - 20 Reasons to Dislike you! and the summary is the same I posted.

8. pen promulgates profile image80

@tsmog, thanks. You look like genius in all this smile

9. pen promulgates profile image80
    pen promulgatesposted 10 days ago

@ Marisa, thanks. I shouldn't have deleted the hub as you mentioned. Also, as you said the URL is not important, if I make any changes to a title, the url (on HP) doesn't incorporate that. It remains the same to what it had first been. Won't that affect the search results at all? Now a days, what are the key elements for the article to be considered good and rank high in Google?

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
      Glenn Stokposted 10 days ago in reply to this

This is why it's s good idea to change the URL to something more general before your publish. That's the only time you can change it—before you click past the first screen when starting a new hub.

I see you've been letting your URLs default to the first title you use. If you make it more general, then it will still relate to any changes you make to the title later.

Besides that, don't worry so much about it. Ranking is based more on the title and content.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 days ago in reply to this

No, the URL won't affect search engine results.  It's the title and content that matter.  However, as Glenn says, in future pick a nice neat URL when you create a Hub.

working