jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Song for a Pagan Heart

1. iantoPF profile image86
    iantoPFposted 10 days ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Song for a Pagan Heart. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 10 days ago in reply to this

P'nawn da, Peter,

A few things: three Amazon capsules is too much these days. I suggest you add Amazon as in-text links. Another thing is that pretty soon there won't be any right aligned capsules, so centre everything, including the videos and the link capsule, and check the layout in Mobile Preview.

The final point is that a couple of your songs don't seem to line up with your subtitles. For instance, your subtitle is "The Hills They Are Hollow", but the song referred to right next to that is "This Sacred Land". Perhaps you could make it clearer?

It's a nice article. I enjoyed it very much.

2. iantoPF profile image86
      iantoPFposted 6 days ago in reply to this

OK folks. I'm well and truly lost here.
      I have edited my article and I think I've done what is required to put it right. I just got an e-mail telling me that it's still not up to scratch.
      Can't see what's wrong.
      HELP !!!

1. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 5 days ago in reply to this

Try adding your Amazon as in-text links. Get rid of the capsules. Highlight the title of song in the main article body. Click on the link icon in the tool bar (looks like a chain). Then you can select the Amazon tab and, with any luck, the song should be right there.

Also go into edit your first text capsule. Move the cursor to the end of the last word and press Delete a couple of times to get rid of the big white space.

I would be careful of repeating the song titles in the sub-headings too. You only need it once.

There are a couple of typos. I spotted a missing space in the Heavenly Kingdom capsule. HeavenlyKingdom.

Try those fixes, and then come back if it remains stuck in QAP limbo.

2. Stephanie Purser profile image79
    Stephanie Purserposted 9 days ago

Hi,

I really enjoyed your explanations. They were very informative and captivating! I'll probably listen to "this sacred land" some more....

I'd only consider the layout as a set back to your article. I'd consider writing a short article for each song individually or link them together so that they flow.

Steph

3. iantoPF profile image86
    iantoPFposted 8 days ago

First, thank you all for your feedback. I really appreciate the comments.
    I joined HubPages over 8 years ago and wrote a number of articles. I have been away for a few years and waaaw!! how things have changed. A lot of the old crowd have left but some are still here. I'm semi-retired now so I have the urge to write again. It looks as if I will have to re-write my bio and do a few more little ones it seems. From your feedback, thank you once again, it looks like I'm going to have to re-write all of my previous articles to make them more user friendly.

You are very much appreciated.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 days ago in reply to this

Hi and welcome back.

I recommend you take a look at my Hub on the Basic Rules (you'll find it on the slider on my profile).   It summarises all the current rules and guidelines - which, as you say, are a lot different to when you were here last. 

Good luck!

1. iantoPF profile image86
        iantoPFposted 7 days ago in reply to this

Hello Marissa;
        Thank you for the welcome and thank you for commenting. I will certainly look at your Hub. There is a lot to digest here. Ah!! for when life and writing was simpler.

working