jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Indexing

1. pen promulgates profile image81
    pen promulgatesposted 7 days ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13651857_f520.jpg
    Hey people,
    I wrote an article 'Why You Like Processed Food - Craving for Junk food explained!' 26 hours ago. It has been indexed on Google. When I put the words of my title in the Google search, it doesn't display access (url) to my article directly. Also, my article-title appears in meta data (summary). When I click, It takes to the hubpages health section. If I scroll down, there I will find my article among many other articles. I don't think any reader will actually scroll and find my article. Usually the search result directly takes you to the article page, what is wrong here?  Plz help.
    Screen shot attached.

1. EricDockett profile image93
      EricDockettposted 7 days ago in reply to this

The search result you are seeing is from the HP category page. It doesn't appear your Hub itself is indexed yet.

1. pen promulgates profile image81
        pen promulgatesposted 7 days ago in reply to this

But I got that on google.

1. EricDockett profile image93
          EricDockettposted 7 days ago in reply to this

Yes - the category page is indexed. Your Hub is not. Googlebot crawled the category page and saw the title of your Hub, which is why it comes up when you search for it. But the Hub itself is not indexed yet.

Give it a little time and it should show up. Googlebot works in mysterious ways.

2. Chriswillman90 profile image92
    Chriswillman90posted 7 days ago

Usually it takes a few days to index a hub and it could take weeks/months before it gets daily traffic.

3. pen promulgates profile image81
    pen promulgatesposted 7 days ago

@Eric. Thanks. It's strange that Google bot has indexed my title by crawling the category page, but not the content. Will wait more. smile

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 7 days ago in reply to this

It probably just picked up the text because your hub was the last one published in that category. I find it takes a few days for Google to index.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 days ago in reply to this

No, it hasn't indexed your title, it's just showing the content on the category page.

working