Which title picture is better?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (24 posts)
  1. CatherineGiordano profile image76
    CatherineGiordanoposted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub about evolution which explains why Creationism, Creation Science, and Intelligent Design are not science (although they pretend to be). I can't decide which is the better title picture--the one currently on top (Man) or the second one (Ape). I keep switching them. I'm looking for something that will have impact on facebook.

I'd like to know which you think will work better and why. Thanks.

https://hubpages.com/religion-philosoph … olution-Is

1. jackclee lm profile image80
      jackclee lmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I disagree with your premise...
      Just because you don't beleve in a creator does not mean creationism is not possible or not science.
      I will give you one plausible explanation even though I don't think it is how we came about. Just throwing it out there as one possible event.
      Suppose a more advanced cilvilization from another star system came to earth and discovered some primative life and decided to use genetic engineering (DNA gene splicing) to combine their DNA with the local primative species to create homo sapiens?
      What would you call it? Isn't it science that created a new species?
      This is exactly what Intelligent Design is proposing. It is stating that one possible way for mondern humans to exist is not by evolution as Darwin claimed but by some higher power with advanced knowledge. That is one way to explain the short time it took modern man to appear on the scene. Evolution alone cannot explain the rapid progress...

CatherineGiordanoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My question was about which picture was most effective.

2. Misfit Chick profile image74
        Misfit Chickposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, I can't resist... I'm pretty sure that we have all determined that the ape pic is best, ha! I know you are an Intelligent Design person Jack. I think we have brushed this subject, before.

Here's another possibility: Our world is far older than our sciences have determined; and ALL life on this planet has gone through phases of evolution - and sometimes those phases were 'growth spurts' due to whatever was happening on the planet. For instance, ions of 'peace' probably brought slow evolution but allowed for larger populations (which has an effect on evolution, itself); while more extreme catastrophies probably sped things up for a while (and sometimes caused evolution to take radical 'left turns' - such as if radiation became involved, etc).

I'm on your side with the concept of 'God' creating things (in my definition, not the tradition Christian one)... But 'the Kingdom of God' has been a gradually-developing thing that has no end to it. I've dug into most of these alien theories because I don't have a typical opinion of God. I understand that humans seemed to have changed rapidly in fairly-recent millenias; but also LOOK at ALL the different kinds of homosapiens that we have unearthed (and how many of them have streaks of DNA within our own DNA).

This planet has been through phase after phase with growth spurts and catastrophies that allow for 'creation' to be improved upon.

Aliens exist - there is so much 'likely-evidence', its ridiculous. But why are they so skiddish when it comes to interacting with us? If they are technologically advanced, they should have been able to 'take us over' LONG by now. (I know some people think they have already done so, ha! Demons are now considered to be aliens in some religious circles.)

Humans & Aliens (and demons, for that matter) can only exist within our streams of consciousness when we accidentally slip into their vibrational frequencies - something that is almost impossible to do on a worldwide scale. (Vibration = emotion or 'energy in motion'; and each civilization within God's Universe has its own frequencies.) It would be very difficult for us to coordinate a majority of our human collective consciousness to focus on an unknown alien frequency to interact with them on a global scale. That means that while humans CAN have 'alien experiences' on an individual or even a 'group' level; there will be no major 'first contact' with them - and no big, scary invasions.

Maybe since they can - in a limited way - interact with our world, they tinkered with the human genome. It would probably be silly to completely rule that out. But it is far more likely that they are just as much a part of 'source consciousness' as we are with not nearly as much interacting with humans as some of us would like to give them credit for. They have their own dimensions of reality; and their own lives to lead within those dimensions.

Our world is essentially a playground for BOTH 'good' & 'evil' - it was created for that purpose. Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." God is 'pure positive energy' and LIGHT. You can't create light without creating darkness; and there is no source for darkness - only the absense of light. God created places like Earth and our Universe specifically so that 'the dark' could exist WITH light.

And that is the choice we make every day... are we choosing darkness or light in any given moment? It doesn't matter what choice we make (there is no such thing as 'sin' that God holds against us); because personal perspective is part of a human soul's ever-expanding personal identity. We experience life complete with the consequences and/or rewards based on the decisions we make. We are human bodies born with a slice of the eternal consciousness of God - as an extention of himself/herself to experience a physical existence. Life is an experience for spiritual beings (US!) in both personal & collective creation - and that is all it is meant to be.

God intended a much more peacful existence for us on this planet from the beginning - and doesn't consider 'death' (we never actually die) to be the tragedy that it is from our human perspective. Its amazing how we humans distort things and even kill each other over them. Its okay (if not MADDENING sometimes), the contrast is part of helping us to 'become' in this world - even things like Trump, LoL! It is impossible for God to hate ANY part of his own creation. We're not quite there, yet - and perhaps never will be. That isn't our purpose.

Our purpose *drum roll* is simply to HAVE FUN - and we will consider even our BIGGEST most ugly 'sins' to be EQUAL to our joys in importance when we die and re-emerge into 'all that we have expanded into & become' in this life.

Sorry this got so long - this was so much more fun to explain than fighting about Trump, LoL! If you want way more details - check out my 1st spotlight hub.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13657721.jpg

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13657723.jpg

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13657725.jpg

Mifit Chick: I think you got caught in the troll trap. I liked your response, but you should never feed the trolls. I'm going to read your hub because I liked your response here, but not today. I worked in the yard yesterday and today I am having the worse hay fever attack and can hardly see straight.

1. Misfit Chick profile image74

I just thought of this and it made me giggle out loud... What if there are little alien children running to their mothers, crying "A human just abjucted me and terrified me!" It very well could be something that goes both ways, ha!

That hub is something to read in pieces, anyway. There is so much information compacted into it. I am sparsing it into a blog for easier reading - but dang I hate the process of doing it, so I am moving way too slowly on it. Its coming soon - I keep saying that. smile

2. jackclee lm profile image80

That is very good. I agree that there are many possibilities...
          One reason the aliens may not want to interact with us is the "prime directive" ala Star Trek.
          They don't want to interfere with our natural development...
          That is not to say some aliens won't as some have claimed by Zacharia Sitchin that the Annanuki came here looking to mine gold and they needed workers which lead to the creation of humans from animals...
          His book the 12th planet was very popular among pop culture but were canned by scientists at the time. Guess what, now NASA is searching for the existence of the 12th planet with an elongate orbit just as Sitchin claimed...

2. Marketing Merit profile image94
      Marketing Meritposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The ape pic by a mile.

It catches the eye better. I personally don't like the other photo as it looks amateurish and doesn't stand out as much. Also, the ape photo is probably a better fit to come first, given the title of your hub.

Thanks. I appreciate your help. I thought "Man" was too wordy, but Maybe "Ape" was possibly not understood.

3. Misfit Chick profile image74

You have actually got a couple of articles like this that I have got bookmarked and been meaning to get to, ha! In my opinion, I think the chimp photo is more graphically-appealing for the top one; but both photos kind of give away your opinion about evolution at the beginning. Perhaps remove one of the photos and replace the top one with a more generic one to start with? I'm not sure it matters that much to make a big deal out of it; but I can certainly understand getting hung-up on 'which photo' to use at the top, ha!

Misfit Chick: Thanks for your help. You make a very good point. I will need to keep it in mind and not give away too much with the title or picture.

4. CatherineGiordano profile image76

Thank you for your advice. I took your suggestions and changed the picture. Yesterday HP moved it to a niche site. I plan to leave everything as it is now. I'm going to see if I can remove this whole discussion now since the isue has been decided.

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
        Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi Catherine,
        If you write to team@hubpages.com, they will delete the discussion for you. I did the same once.

Happy to hear the article was moved, it was interesting and well written.

Thanks for the info. I don't want to bother the HP team with this. It will die a natural death.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I think the ape picture is more likely to catch the eye.

3. Uzochukwu Mike profile image78
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 6 years ago

The ape picture is better

Thanks, sometimes it is hard to be objective about my own work.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

Catherine:  Love the term "troll trap"!

5. Misfit Chick profile image74
    Misfit Chickposted 6 years ago

Whatever, Jack - LoL!

OK, I'm glad you take it with a grain of salt...not everything is so serious...have a nice day.

6. Misfit Chick profile image74
    Misfit Chickposted 6 years ago

Its just that its obvious that you don't even read stuff before you respond - you just already know everything. Thus, the 'troll' reference. You're just here to be obtuse, not discuss or debate topics.

I apologize for that.
      Did not mean to be trolling...
      Life is too short.
      I am juggling many things at the moment.
      Will be more careful in reading before posting in the future. Thanks for the feedback.
      I am not an egotist like Trump.
      I know many things but I don't claim to have all the answers. If I come across that way on HubPages, it is not intentional.just that I encoutered too many here that don't get it and repeat the same talking points they hear on TV...

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
        Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I like the ape, because you took a lighthearted touch with the other pics. But since you are serious, the other one sets up the person to know you have a definite opinion on the topic.

7. profile image0
    threekeysposted 6 years ago

I like the picture you used. The one of the Ape with the thought bubbles. I feel the other is too wishy washy and doesn't impact as the one you chose intially.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)