Analytics

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Anita Hasch profile image58
    Anita Haschposted 6 years ago

Hi, I asked help with analytics, but nobody seems to know the answer? Can you have more than one UA....tracking code number. I thought I would also mention that I changed the title of one of my hubs after I read that  the word 'focus' had millions of hits or views. Unfortunately it did not help me much. It is about a soldier that got shot down in Bosnia and had to focus to escape. 'Focus To Escape,'
    Guess I have much more to learn.

1. NateB11 profile image87
      NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

You can have more than one site on one Google Analytics account. You just have to give them different names when you add them to your Google Analytics to keep it in order. You do all that on the admin page.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

This is what I mean about wasting a lot of time on the wrong thing if you don't really understand what you're doing.  Analytics is not a good way to choose a title.

This is the way to choose a title:
    https://hubpages.com/community/How-to-F … le-Suggest

I think you're fundamentally misunderstanding what a keyword is.  It is confusing because actually, it's very very rarely a keyWORD - it's usually a PHRASE.  No one types just one word into Google, so trying to rank for one word doesn't work.

I'm sure there are millions of searches for the word focus, but that's because there are cars and bikes and furniture companies called Focus.  Anyone typing just "focus" into Google is probably looking for the brand name, not for an article about Bosnia, so it won't help you at all.

3. Anita Hasch profile image58

Thank you. Does that mean that I will have 1 UA Tracking ID for all my blogs and hub pages. What I mean is the same UA Tracking ID number for all my blogs and hub pages or will the UA Tracking ID  numbers be different. Please explain in detail as I am new to this. I presume the tracking code snippet will be different for each blog? I still can't figure where to place this 'tracking snippet. When they talk about a page, do they mean a post. This for blogger.

4. Anita Hasch profile image58

Thank you, so much to learn

5. Dasia Toston profile image46
    Dasia Tostonposted 6 years ago

If your asking if you can have one email with Google analytics that gives information for multiple sites - yes, you can - not sure the maximum number of websites for one email sign up.

As far as having signed up getting your code and posting them on multiple websites such as using one code for both YouTube and your personal blog website. Not sure that would be the best thing to do because information can get mixed up. Its best just to create multiple codes for the sites you want.

Anita Haschposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for taking the time to reply Dasia. No, that is not what I meant. I use one email for most of my sites. What I need to know is whether you can have more than one UA...tracking ID.

1. NateB11 profile image87
        NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you use more than one UA tracking id. Usually you have to put the code on your site. I know if you go into Settings in Blogger (which I think you said you are using) there are instructions there in how to hook up your Analytics to your blog - you go to settings, then to "other"; near the bottom is Google Analytics and you click on the question mark.

Anita Haschposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Nate B11. It does not seem right that all my blogs and hubpages all have the same UA tracking ID. Of course this is my fault, seeing I did it. But I read somewhere that you could only add one tracking code to adsense. As you see I know very little of analytics and try to implement it, if I don't succeed I carry on with other work then come back to it maybe a month later and try again. This time round I think I will succeed as you have given me some practical advise. Thank you. So glad to know about the question mark.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)