Do You Twitter?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (59 posts)
  1. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Just started a Twitter account. I have one follower and really, it's quite pathetic! I found the lovely blondepoet there and am now following her but wondered if any other fellow hubbers would like to share their Twitter identity so that I can follow them as well.

Tweeting is quite new to me and I definitely feel like the new kid in class so having some chums there would be nice. Also, any tips, stories, advice, or even semi-coherent ramblings regarding Twitter is welcomed.

Thanks!!

ps- I'm queenroobee there, should u care to find me. RooBee was taken as a user name (usurper!) and I kind of like the sound of "queen roobee"...

1. CADarko profile image61
      CADarkoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How do you sign up for Twitter?

2. jbcat profile image60
      jbcatposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just started a twitter account Yesterday and I now have about 45 followers. You have to follow friends with like interest and you will get followers back.  Start off slow and once you updated about 50 times you can start following everybody that has the same niche or interest as you do.  I have one twitter account that go over 350 followers in 1 day from 920 to over 1400.  Believe it or not I spent 27 dollars to learn how to get followers and it is working. This ebook shows you how to do it the right way to start slow and establish yourself for a few days or a week and then you can start growing fast. A set of videos I got show you.

1. How to setup your account and add a unique background for free.

2 How to add a auto responder.

3 How to follow users on keywords automatically so you have followers interested in what you are interested in.

4. How to unfollow users bulk wise

5  How to make some money.

6  How to send feeds to your twitter account automatically.

It works

http://twitter.com/coupon_tweets

3. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh damn I didn't know you were on my list am going to go look or I would have said Hi, it gets confusing as I think I am now up to 1200followers, ohhhh the fame LMAO

2. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Hey RooBee smile

I Twitter. Kinda. I'm there, same name. I'll add you. Proba you can hook up with other hubbers that way, there's a few I follow big_smile

No tips I'm afraid. I just tweet. Nothing fancy tongue

3. Profmaggy profile image60
    Profmaggyposted 14 years ago

I'll add you to twitter.
    There are people out there just trying to sell and spam so beware.
    If you're selective through hubb pages you'll find a lot in common with fellow hubbers as we also link to our hubs and articles we've posted on our other sites etc.  Makes for interesting reading if you have the time.

4. FunFacter profile image50
    FunFacterposted 14 years ago

i started twitter a long time ago like 2 years ago. I never expected it would go this big.

5. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

I went in search of one of the Twitter threads that have a ton of hubber's twitter accounts.  If you do a forum search, a bunch come up.

I'm ShirleyAnderson on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/ShirleyAnderson

1. funride profile image67
      funrideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That´s the best way to find Hubbers at Twitter, except perhaps searching at http://twitter.com/hubpagesdotcom smile

I have the same nickname at Twitter, funride wink

6. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

CA - just go to http://twitter.com/ and click on 'get started - join'. Fairly straightforwards. Add me if you like, there's plenty of other hubbers on the site big_smile

7. kea profile image67
    keaposted 14 years ago

I just started twittering a couple weeks ago.  It's cool so far!

1. kea profile image67
      keaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

PS> You can find me by doing a search for cheekykea

8. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Have just started, but don't really get it or know what I'm doing.

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me neither. Good huh big_smile

9. Lgali profile image58
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

not yet

10. RooBee profile image82

Thanks everyone for replying. For some reason my password for Twitter is not working (guess it was too late last night when I set it up, probably misspelled it) and it won't let me reset. Aaargh!!

If all else fails, I'll just start a new account seeing as I don't really have much going yet anyhow.

When I work out my self-imposed issues there, I'll find ya'all.

Happy Twitting, or tweeting, or ...ok I'll stop before I become offensive. smile

11. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years ago

Twittering is effective. You can also twit about your hub there. This is a wonderful place to get friends.
    Please follow me at:  https://explore.twitter.com/jyoti_kothari
    Jyoti Kothari

12. RooBee profile image82

Okay, enough of this crap. smile I have just started a brand new Twitter account as RooBeeQueen and will not forget my password - promise!!!!!

I'm now following all of you who posted your username in this forum. Thanks, guys!

Buggerit! Are you sure now RooBee? Are you sure you know the password? Cos if you do, I'll re-add you ... none o' that name changing. I'm a bloody twitter Noob tongue

RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I swear it, no more changes. Thank you dear froggy! big_smile

Ok - you're forgiven Gorgeous One big_smile

2. profile image0
      Whikatposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I keep trying to find RooBeeQueen to add to my list, but twitter keep telling me there is no such person? Did anyone else have this problem?

13. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago
    1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fantastic!  Thanks, Susan.

2. RooBee profile image82

Done and done. Thank you so much!

14. profile image0
    Whikatposted 14 years ago

OOps, Never mind, I found it on Shirley's list of followers :-)
    Thanks Shirley.

Thank you both!

15. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I just started a Twitter account yesterday.  I'm KCCBigCountry there.  You'll find the monkey!   smile

Could not find the monkey sad ..will keep trying

16. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I just joined today (because of hub challenge) but I really have no idea what I am doing. My name is RochelleFrank-- same as here with no space. I really have a very limited idea of how this works.
    My picture is too big-- so I haven't even figured that out yet.

17. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I dont twitter (yet)
    but I can hum along to "she rocks in the tree-top all day long" lol

I'm impressed, my humming is dreadful.

18. Nanny J.O.A.T. profile image68
    Nanny J.O.A.T.posted 14 years ago

I vaguely twitter -just for some of the fun things I found - like pricelinenegotiator and LOLcats but feel free to add me

look for nannyjoat - I still haven't figured out alot of twitter stuff - like a few others here!

19. RKHenry profile image62
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

I love twitter!  Feel free to send me a tweet @ rkhenry1

20. lyla profile image61
    lylaposted 14 years ago

Mine is ..http://twitter.com/lyla11 smile

21. profile image0
    danmayerisgodposted 14 years ago

http://twitter.com/danmayerisgod

Follow me if you like, but I might not return the favor. My main page is getting kind of crowded.

22. Purple Perl profile image48
    Purple Perlposted 14 years ago

Just began twittering myself!
    http://www.twitter.com/PurplePerl

Not touching that one... smile Thanks, consider yourself followed!

23. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I am too lazy to learn yet another technology that will be outdated in a few years or five.  I'll jump on the next bandwagon unless someone can make a case that really sings to me.  Rochelle.... tell me what you think a few months from now.

24. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I created an account just for hubpages:

http://twitter.com/girly_girl09

Feel free to add me, if you'd like! All I add on this account are Hubbers/bloggers/web developers.

25. kashifmahmood profile image39
    kashifmahmoodposted 14 years ago

Twitter can be fun as well as time killer if you get addicted to it big_smile

BTW  I am also there http://twitter.com/kashifboy smile

26. RooBee profile image82

All of you who posted here, thank you so much for your help - you guys are freaking awesome. That's right, you are.

And I'm the most freaking of all - big_smile

you know it, funny frog smile

1. blondepoet profile image68
          blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here is a good suggestion Sheena told me sign up with Twellow and on there is a list of heaps Twitter Bloggers that have same interest, you can add them from there.

27. DennisBarker profile image61
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

I'm a regular tweeter and have a following of about 85 people (and a clickthrough rate of 2.3%)

http://www.twitter.com/DennisBarker

28. beermugworld profile image59
    beermugworldposted 14 years ago

I like using twitter to stay up to date and to promote my blog and hubs. I find it a good way to let people know about new posts or new hubs. It give them a link they can go check out when they want where they would normally just forget about it. my nick name on twitter is beermugworld. I like to keep it simple or else I too forget passwords and user names.

29. lawretta profile image61
    lawrettaposted 14 years ago

i am also new to twitter, and so far so good i think its cool!

30. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

I started with twitter 2 months ago.
    http://twitter.com/AnamikaS

31. johnb0127 profile image61
    johnb0127posted 14 years ago

I have got a twitter account.  johnb0127

Feel free to follow me!

32. lindagoffigan profile image59
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

I am in the process of writing a hub about Twitter with little tips on how to make it work for hubpages. I am participating in the 100 hubs in 30 days so I should start working now and create it.

33. johnb0127 profile image61
    johnb0127posted 14 years ago

Ive already made one.  Using Twitter to Your Advantage

34. Rockwell Fitness profile image59
    Rockwell Fitnessposted 14 years ago

I'm a closet TWITTER ... But only use it to post my hubs and articles...

Same name as here...

35. chicago girl profile image59
    chicago girlposted 14 years ago

I just join twitter i am not sure how it works yet
    my twitter is southsidejen

36. PaulieWalnuts profile image67
    PaulieWalnutsposted 14 years ago

Hi Roo,

I've been a Twitterer for about a month or so. It is interesting but my time for all these new sites is limited. Reading some personal twits of strangers is really funny!

This me anyway: http://twitter.com/DiLilloArts

37. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

On May 11, I put together a hub on how to get twitter followers and in less than a week I have gained 900 new followers using my own advice.  One of the things I should have put in the hub is to not only post your own articles.  Self promotion is good but if you want to keep follower you need to post more than tweets of your hubs... People want to see pictures and videos, they want to see jokes and build real relationships.  If your always "look at me, look at me," they will look away.  Anyway, if your interested in using some of the tools I used here is my hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/Twitter-Followers Any questions just ask.

38. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I can work with that.  Mine is
    http://twitter.com/PeteJoeM

39. Hope Alexander profile image71
    Hope Alexanderposted 14 years ago

Tweeting is great fun, but for the love of all that is good in the world, don't just tweet your hubs. People on twitter get real tired of self promotional spamming really quickly...

40. Moonmaiden profile image69
    Moonmaidenposted 14 years ago

http://twitter.com/zenchantress I found more hub people by using http://www.twitseeker.com using their advanced search widget.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)