jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. Frajille profile image60
    Frajilleposted 7 years ago

Hello, fellow Hubbers!  I still consider myself fairly new here.  I made one hub four months  ago and just created my second one today.  I have not really hubbed since, due to no traffic coming through.  Does anyone have any advice on how I can get some traffic going on my page?

2. Everyday Miracles profile image91
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

There are several ways, not the least of which is to post on the forums wink If you post more often here, more people will click to view your profile and read your hubs. Additionally, reading hubs written by other people helps a lot. Read, comment, and fan people. You might get some reciprocal fans, but I recommend not becoming a fan of anybody if you don't actually like their work. Otherwise you'll get spammed with all of their updates.

Join twitter, tweet your hubs. E-mail to friends, dig, reddit, etc. You need to actively market your hubs, especially in the beginning, if you're going to have much luck.

Also, having a high author score doesn't hurt. I know that there are those who disagree with me, but there are folks who go to the main page and look at the top hubbers and read their hubs first (or only). Having a higher score ensures that you're close to the top!

3. JamaGenee profile image87
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

Don't stop writing new hubs because your first one(s) got no traffic.

A hub that consists of nothing but polls is technically *not* a "hub" because it has no content or graphics.

Try writing longer hubs, with the text spread over several text capsules, with *relevant* photos or images to go with them.

Add *relevant* videos from YouTube or the other vid sites Hubpages supports.

Read other hubbers' hubs and study how they look and why they get more than a few comments.

Hang in there!

1. lxxy profile image61
      lxxyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Also, Everyday Miracles has some sage advice.

My advice? Join in on the 30 Day Hubber challenge (check my profile!)...it will help you master HP, challenge you to create new stuff, and offer a portal to becoming a pro at...well, whatever this is.

4. Everyday Miracles profile image91
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

Yes, content is important, too. Without content the search engines won't find you!