jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Hubpages Email

1. jimmythejock profile image81
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

why have i just recieved this email from hubpages?

Hi jimmythejock,
    #1 question among people new to HubPages: What are Hubs and why would I want to write them?

Hubs are online articles that are useful, informative and interesting. They are written by you and because there are Google ads delivered next to them, you can earn money.

Here are just 3 examples that continue to earn their authors money:
    Transferring Music From Your iPod to Your Computer
    The best ways to ask a girl to a school dance
    Banks that Reimburse ATM Surcharges
    If you need some help publishing your first Hub, read through our step-by-step guide here:

Download the HubPages Starting Out Guide (PDF file)
        A step-by-step guide you can follow or print out that will show you:
        - How to start your first Hub
        - How to add pictures, videos, links, and more
        - How to attract more readers to your Hubs
        - How to set up your Google, eBay and Amazon accounts so you can make money

Ready to begin? Click on this link to begin publishing and earning!
    Start Your First Hub ยป

If you'd like some guidance and assistance from helpful members of the HubPages community, feel free to ask for help or participate in a discussion in our Forums.

We welcome you to HubPages and hope you have a rewarding experience publishing what you know and love!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think i am ready to publish my first hub now thanks for the information lol.....jimmy

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

It does seem incredibly redundant for HubPages to have sent you that email.  I mean, do you think you've gotten the hang of the site yet?  LOL....

3. jimmythejock profile image81

I think that I may be able to throw a hub together now the email contained useful links and advice, i will give it a try sometime this week lol.....jimmy

4. stubbs profile image71
    stubbsposted 8 years ago

yeah I received one aswell, does seem strange

5. gordonmvw profile image62
    gordonmvwposted 8 years ago

I just posted my very first hub. I went to a lot of trouble to include beautiful color photos from Africa. When  I copied what I wrote, I was so disappointed that no pictures came out in the article., How do I correct this? How do I add photos to this hub?

6. jimmythejock profile image81

Michael,i have looked at your profile and i dont see your hub.
    to add pictures to a hub you have to open a pictures capsule and do the rest from there.....jimmy
    p.s welcome to hubpages

7. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Yeah I got the bulk email about how to start a hub too - I think someone hit the wrong button!