jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Google Adsense Strange Clicks

1. profile image60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

This morning I checked my google account and for some reason it was totally crazy yesterday. It was way over 11 percent click rate and had 90 clicks that paid nothing. So I am worried what google will do as they may think it looks dodgy. Anyone ever have that happen to them as I have had adsense a year and never before got that many unpaid clicks and plus they all came in within an hour.

1. honestyt4isaac profile image25
      honestyt4isaacposted 7 years ago in reply to this

well it happened to me some months back, when i got some clicks on my ads and made about $30 in a day, i was so happy that i was making big money,  but i must tell you with a matter of two days, my adsense account was closed. so i think one just have to work harder to gain steady traffic.

2. honestyt4isaac profile image25

well it happened to me some months back, when i got some clicks on my ads and made about $30 in a day, i was so happy that i was making big money,  but i must tell you with a matter of two days, my adsense account was closed. so i think one just have to work harder to gain steady traffic.

3. honestyt4isaac profile image25

1. profile image60
        badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

The clicks didnt pay anything thats the thing, how can I trace those clicks back !

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Hey BC99, Paul did announce earlier about getting a deal with Google (I think) to allow for more ads on the Hubs...maybe that is what you are seeing? hmm

3. profile image60

I hope so DS because I hate seeing anything weird in my adsense, cheers for your reply.

4. rancidTaste profile image56
    rancidTasteposted 7 years ago

For me its just the opposite. I recorded the highest page view yesterday. But only 2 clicks. The impression is really amzing!! My recent published pages really very helpful for getting huge traffic. But my earning is $0 sad. Is it a good thing or bad thing?

1. profile image60
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Rancid I just checked your wallpapers hub and the adsense ads dont match the hub. I think if you put more tags that  might get you better google ads relating to wallpapers. Just go to google and type in "wallpaper" and that should give you ideas for a tag, I find a 4 word phrase helps as well. Good Luck !

5. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

Do you have analytics?  The two accounts can be linked, so that you know which article(s) the clicks where made from. 
    I had 9 clicks the other day, with only 15 views, all with in a very short time, but by the end of the day, they evened out.

Yesterday, I had a record # of views, and no clicks.

If I were you, I would contact google, to see if they had an explanation.  Hopefully, they would see you as being proactive to prevent fraud.

6. girly_girl09 profile image76
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

do you track each hub's URL in adsense? Did all the clicks come from the same hub?

I once saw a click in my stats but it had no earnings. Later on in the day, it updated to reflect the amount earned. Maybe it's just taking time to update?

Although, it sounds like it's an unusual amount of clicks. I would personally contact google and ask them to look into for you. Better safe than sorry! smile

7. profile image61
    CabinGirlposted 7 years ago

Ooppps sorry I thought it said strange chicks, closes the door behind her !

8. Everyday Miracles profile image91
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I had the same experience yesterday, but not with the high CTR. I considered coming here and asking but I didn't want Google to ban me for giving information.

I got clicks but no cash!

9. profile image60

I think I will Ivorwen and GG, best being safe.

10. Will James profile image78
    Will Jamesposted 7 years ago

Watch out that you're not getting spammed.

One of my sites got attacked by Chinese and/or Indonesian "Adsense hackers" and my Adsense account got disabled. Of course, it doesn't look like they're even gonna pay me all the valid clicks I got them before that happened. Crooks. "Do no evil."

working