jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

How Do You Get Into The Zone As A Writer?

1. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

For me its nothing elaborate or anything. I just stare at my computer screen and start clicking away at the keyboard. At least, half the time I make some sense.

2. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

you must be a natural..... I want to write some hubs, but I am enjoying the forum at the moment, a bit like when I was at school. loved the social side of it, but not the work ha ha......

3. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

I don't know about being a natural or anything. But I can be lazy too, though. I'm writing a sequel to this over 600 page novel I wrote. Its supposed to elaborate as hell too. Even more than the first one. And it isn't writers block or anything. I basically know everything I'm supposed to write before I write it. Besides, I've made notes. But I'm still lazy though. I'm at the 200th page.

4. 0

keep going..... you have not been lazy on the forum, you have brought up some really good pooints, I enjoy your work...

5. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Easy. I just stop talking/eating/whatever and the nonsense flows. I just don't write a lot of it down because I'm a slacker big_smile

6. frogdropping profile image86

Oh and on that note, I'm going to do some work now. I do have a job - I just get distracted easily. I also have a rather delicious looking ... thing ... to eat so I'll be doing that too big_smile

7. 0

can I come round and join you......

8. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Good coffee helps.

9. frogdropping profile image86

You are most welcome Brenda smile

And look! I'm here again ...

10. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Music and a quiet day gets me to that creativity tower for Hub mode big_smile

11. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

Once I start a hub like a good wine it just flows, hmmm or do I drink the wine then the writing flows, tis one of the two smile

12. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Pop into the Religious Forum
    that always gets me in the zone lol

13. dwilliamson profile image60
    dwilliamsonposted 7 years ago

Sometimes I do procrastinate my writing. Like I will get up and go to the kitchen to do some dishes right in the middle of a sentence and then while I'm in the kitchen, I may as well get a drink of coke and something to eat. Then, I'll think to myself, oh yeah, I gotta finish writing that hub. For the most part though, once I start writing it just flows from my brain, to my finger tips, to my keyboard. My mind is usually elsewhere while I am typing and sometimes my mind comes back to what I am typing, reads it and says to myself, hey that is pretty good. I just write from the heart. A lot of times I never know what is going to be on that screen when I am finished. I usually never know how my writing is going to end until it is finished.

14. its_the_skittle_e profile image75
    its_the_skittle_eposted 7 years ago

I listen to music and start thinking about things that I want to write about and then it just comes to me.

working