jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

I wrote a great Hub and it's rating is lousy

1. MoniqueAttinger profile image87
    MoniqueAttingerposted 7 years ago

I'm really confused by this - I wrote a hub yesterday that I was very pleased with: it's entertaining, funny and on a good topic (environmentally friendly products including usual types like purses). It's been read by a number of people - although not as many have commented. However, when I published it, the ranking was on 45! Then, even as people read it, the ranking DROPPED. Today, it has finally hit in the 50's... but I'm worried that people will click on the link and then NOT read the hub because the ranking is crappy!

Here's the link: http://hubpages.com/hub/Green-Is-In

Anyone got any ideas? Can you look at it and tell me if I did something wrong?

thanks, Monique

2. icewave5 profile image61
    icewave5posted 7 years ago

I read your hub just briefly, Seems pretty good except its too specific and not broad enough, also i don't think people care about saving the environment by buying eco-friendly items you mentioned, and i'm not a person who likes to read long things.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

This is not the forum for this. Try Extreme Hub Makeover...

4. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Hub score usually drops after initial publication and fluctuates a good bit for a few weeks before it stabilizes.

5. MoniqueAttinger profile image87
    MoniqueAttingerposted 7 years ago

Hard to believe that this posting - which has been well-read, given that I'm a relatively new Hubber - is still so low. I'll check out Extreme Hub Makeover, but I don't think I broke any of the "rules"... :-(

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think you need worry. Hub scores go up and down and it is in the 60s now.

6. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I heard it's good to let it *steep* unpublished for a day or 2 before publishing and the score is higher ...might give that a try smile

1. Janet21 profile image79
      Janet21posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  My hubs sometime take me a day or two to complete from start to finish and by the time I actually publish them, they are in the 70's.  I many times have unpublished hubs ranking higher on my dashboard than hubs already published.  Go figure. wink

1. JamaGenee profile image89
        JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's because they begin "aging" from the minute you start a new hub, not when you publish it.  Weird but true.

7. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

Good point DS - I find my hubs sometimes go as high as 70 if I don't publish for a week. 

I thought Monique's hub content was pretty good and well written.  I wonder if the score is lowered by the number of commercial links (as opposed to links to non-commercial information sites such as Wikipedia)?  Isn't there a limit of 2 and then the score reduces?

8. Research Analyst profile image80
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

No worries it just takes time to build up, at least thats what I have noticed.