jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Whats the wierdest ,coolest , funniest, fanmail youve had!! (or left ?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

..this is my first ever "dunno what they mean" kind

Eaglekiwi is the most publicized hub creators in America, as much as everyone else is doing it

I would not normally cut n paste mail but I don't get that message at all. Maybe I need more coffee lol.

ok caffeine has hit ,is this whats known as spamming ( when the person has no hubs but adding lots of fans?

2. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Generic type comment, adding tons of fans...yup - you've been spammed smile

Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Janetta now I really feel special lol

3. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

hehe, I know. You think, "OOO, I got another fan!" and then you see them on hubtivity fanning EVERYBODY and you think, "crap."

Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lmao ,you heard me then

4. Curious Traveller profile image86
    Curious Travellerposted 7 years ago

I hate to tell you but you should probably prepare yourself for worse, eventually!

I remember receiving a series of "comments" through a web page (male talking) from a gay man swearing his undying love for me!! On several occasions, he even included a number of somewhat "compromising" pictures!

I did not fall in to the trap of replying directly (as that would have given him access to my e-mail address) but kept simply deleting the comments. Fortunately, he finally seemed to get the message that I was not interested!

I have also received countless marriage proposals from women in the former Soviet Bloc and Africa. So far, I haven't taken any of them up on their kind offers... wink

5. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Heck, all I have received is a couple e-mails from people soliciting writing/publishing advice.  Oh...and a couple come-on offers from female spammers who think I must be a guy (?)  sad  I'm so disappointed, wink

1. mandybeau profile image59
      mandybeauposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Same one was going to make me a millionaire, and then he saw my art, and wrote telling me I was going in an Argentian Contemporary Book... Obvious B.S. So I sent the jerk an Invoice just in case he did publish as he was displaying one of my paintings.
      Haven't heard friom him again.

6. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

oh my, no I havent had anything quite as yummy ( or scummy) as that..but no doubt some nutter will find me ,I must have a magnet on my head or something lol

7. Gordon Hamilton profile image97
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 7 years ago

I received a comment from someone outside the site today on one of my travel destination Hubs, stating simply, "Retard!"

There was nothing remotely controversial or debatable about the Hub as it is on a place I have visited many times. I needless to say did not approve the comment!

8. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

Nothing special has happened in this case for me. I get very general fan mail. In fact not all take the pain to write one. I do in most of the cases but even I write very simple mail; "Glad to be your fan. Will be following your Hubs" or "Thanks for joining my fan club" etc etc