jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

repost: My female friend who used to be a guy and her husband

1. Capable Woman profile image79
    Capable Womanposted 7 years ago

Sorry, was attempting to solicit feedback on my latest hub but I think I should have done it in this forum.

http://hubpages.com/hub/boytogirl

My B.. smile

So... thoughts, ideas, profound statements or thinly veiled insults, anyone?

MUCHOS gracias

2. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

What I find funny about that hub is the fact Google Adsense throws up a Christian Aid ad, how can one get clicks and make money when Adsense does that ?

3. Capable Woman profile image79
    Capable Womanposted 7 years ago

right? A minute ago it was L. Ron Hubbard and Dianetics...WTF?

1. 60
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Lol I was still trying to work out the Christian Aid link, although Dianetics sounds good reading for a Saturday night.

4. BristolBoy profile image82
    BristolBoyposted 7 years ago

Adsense ads change all the time based on keywords, who is advertising at that particular time and also the location of the person.

PS I wrote my views on your hub on your first forum post.

1. 60
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I know you did mate but sometimes the ads make me laugh especially in that hub above.

5. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I agree with BristolBoy. I'd cut the ads (amazon and ebay) by half. They are a huge distraction from the overall message of the piece and it makes it look more like you're only trying to sell something (which detracts from the personal nature of the hub).

Now darnit, I'm going back to work!

1. Capable Woman profile image79
      Capable Womanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I actually couldn't quite figure out how to delete my Amazon modules so I just made them smaller and moved them to the end.

Now if I can just get "inappropriate content" like Dianetics and Christian ministry programs to stop popping up on my adwords, I'll be set! lol tongue

6. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

We used to laugh that they were putting chocolate ads on my Excrement Inc. hub.  Something funny about poo and chocolate side by side.

7. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

You might actually earn from them. But if you'd rather remove them, I'm pretty sure there is a way to block the via Google Adsense, at least for your 60% of impressions.

working