jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

why does my computer never remember me?

1. 0
    jacobt2posted 7 years ago

Almost every time I sign into hubpages, I check the box that says Remember Me, but it never does. Anyone have any idea why?

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You have a forgettable face?

2. nicomp profile image62
      nicompposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Remembrance is a function of cookies. When you check the box, HubPages asks your browser to leave the cookie on your computer. Your browser serves the cookie back to HubPages when you return to the site. If the cookie is erased your browser has no memory.

Check the time on your computer. What time does your computer think it is? The cookie may be so far out of date that HubPages refuses to honor it. A long shot, but easy enough to check.

2. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 7 years ago

What's your browser?

Does it have any particular setting that clears your browsing history/cache(or both) that is set ON?

You may need to check it first.

3. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

I don't know Jacob, but mine does the same thing. I'vetried checking the box before I sign, as I sign in and after I sign in and none of it has worked.  Other passwords are remembered elsewhere.  Who knows, I just quit worrying about it smile

4. mayhmong profile image72
    mayhmongposted 7 years ago

If you clean up your entire browser history, it will erase your username and password on everything else too.

5. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

You might also have an anti-spyware program that automatically deletes your cookies everyday at a set time. This used to happen to me and I got very annoyed until I figured it out.

If you have a program like this, I'd check with the documentation that came with it and look under settings to see if you can turn the feature off. (You definitely should be able to turn it off!)

1. nicomp profile image62
      nicompposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good point. Some anti-spyware programs treat tracking cookies like spyware programs. A tracking cookie represents a privacy violation but isn't worth blocking/deleting by default.

6. weblog profile image59
    weblogposted 7 years ago

Wonder smile The OP hasn't responded to any post here!

7. 0
    jacobt2posted 7 years ago

thank you all for the great, helpful input! I appreciate it!

1. salman_ali profile image60
      salman_aliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Dunno delete cookies. this is the main reason may be