Big Mistake

1. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

I think it was a big mistake for hubpages to include stats in the news letter of who was reading the most hubs and making the most comments, it seems to have started a battle to see who can get their name on the news letter every week, these hits that we are now recieving as the result, are although welcome they are false stats people click in and click out without reading them, and when we do get comments they are forced comments, and relate to the first sentence or the second of the hub.
    please take these stats out of the news letter.....just my 2cents......jimmy

2. embitca profile image82
    embitcaposted 8 years ago

Yep, I've definitely gotten some flyby comments that seem awfully random.  I was surprised to see those kind of stats in the newsletter. It's just asking for abuse.

3. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 8 years ago

Hey jimmy & embitca -

The comments stat only includes those comments that are approved by the Hub author, so spammy/worthless comments that are denied by the authors will not count.

Surprisingly, the best readers tends to still list high-quality contributors to the site - the top 5 doesn't seem to have been taken over by poor users.

- Jason