Oh, I am so excited. I just got a freelance writer job.

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (41 posts)
  1. wittywriter profile image59
    wittywriterposted 14 years ago

Hi, Im sorry, but I am so excited. I just landed a freelance job writing for Examiner.com. Besides hubpages, this is the only one that I have been able to get paid for my writing since I came back from my sabbatical that lasted almost 4 years. I used to be a full time freelance writer until a life changing experience happened to me November 2006. I thank you all at hubpages for allowing me to get back into writing again. You all have been wonderful supporters. I know I have only been here for 5 weeks, but reading all your hubs and being able to express here just has opened my flood gates to my second start. I will not be leaving hubpages, as I am way too addicted. I just wanted to share. I hope you all do not mind.

1. Moonmaiden profile image68
      Moonmaidenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to you on your newest venture.

2. frogyfish profile image76
      frogyfishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wittywriter, congratulations to you with CHEERS!  I won't even be jealous, I am so pleased for you!

wittywriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, frogyfish. I only hope and pray for the rest of us (hubpage junkies) in getting the pay we deserve.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We don't mind at all-- I'm sure it gives many people hope. I have seen other such stories here.
      We wish you the best.

Thanks so much.

2. wittywriter profile image59

OH! Thank you so much, Moonmaiden. Examiner.com does have more openings. If anyone is interested, drop on over and see if any interests any of you. Ill let you all know when I have posted my new article. I have to do it in 3 days. They just set up my page. I want to see if there is anyway to advertise hubpages on it. smile

3. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Wow! Congrats! I'm excited for you and encouraged that there are people out there who get paid to write! smile

Please do give us a link to your article when its done!!

No problem. Will do! and Thanks.

4. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Well done you! Let us know how it goes?

LondonGirl, thanks. I sure will let you know. Even with a terrible head cold I can not help my but yell my excitement. My husband is pretty excited too. He would love nothing better than to have me make the money I used to make when I was freelance writing. With this freelance job on Examiner.com, I am making only a dollar less than I already make an hour. So, if I can get the hits on Examiner.com and a couple of really good gigs, I might be able to go part time as a License Nursing Assistant. I am hoping in less than 2 years to go full time again as a freelancer and part time as a LNA instead of part time freelancer and full time LNA. Pray for me.

5. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!  All the best to you!

Thanks, KCC!

6. Tom Cornett profile image79
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Cool!  I love reading good news!  Congrats and best wishes!  smile

A big thanks, Tom Cornett. smile

7. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I too am writing for the examiner, so I am sure you will love it wittywriter.  What city are you writing for by the way?

Oh, wonderful SweetiePie! At least I know someone there. smile I am writing on plus size fashions, Manchester NH. My name is April Godbout. They just finished setting up my page late this afternoon. Ill be playing around with it starting tomorrow morning and hope to have my first article finished by tomorrow night. I only have three days. Thanks! It is one more step getting me back to where I was when I was the happiest. How long have you been writing for them? Just curious.

8. SweetiePie profile image81

Make sure you put a link on your profile so people can find you over at the examiner.  I am the arts and crafts examiner for the LA edition.  I started in March and I absolutely love the site, but Hubpagges is still my favorite smile.

Cool, I will have to check you out... ummm... that did not come out right. I will check out your articles on the examiner. I sure will put a link on my profile. Great suggestion. If you have any other little suggestions, I am open to it. Drop me a line... thanks so much.

9. SweetiePie profile image81

Also do not forget to build links back to the hubs similar to the topics you write about at the examiner.  That is one of the great ways to promote our hubs outside of Hubpages.  The examiner says they actually are happy with self-promotional links to informative sites, and hubs do qualify.

Wow, that is great information, SweetiePie. I so appreciate it. Will be doing that... thanks for being so helpful.

10. SweetiePie profile image81

Also check out the epicenter on the examiner because they have some great articles and videos on how to get started writing there.

11. Murilion profile image60
    Murilionposted 14 years ago

congratulations for it,hope you always be there for long and you also spend your time here

I plan on staying here. I kind of like it and all of you, the ones I have met so far. smile

12. Chris Eddy111 profile image71
    Chris Eddy111posted 14 years ago

Let me add my congrats too.  Keep writing and sharing because your good news will spread to others in this loving Universe.

Thanks, Chris Eddy111. Now, I am doing some research and writing on my new article so I can get it published on the examiner. I am also working on another hub for here. Man, I am so glad I have today off. Whew! smile

13. profile image52
    MSmithHubposted 14 years ago

Congratulation! Wish you all the best.

thanks.

14. BristolBoy profile image62
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

Congratulations.  This examiner website seems like a really good one for hubpages writers.  Shame that it hasn't come to the UK yet though.

Keep a close eye. It may some day. In the mean time you can jump on and check out the hubpages people that jumped to examiner. LOL! Lend some support. smile

15. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Congrats!!! You deserve it!! big_smile

Thanks. It is nice to get back into the freelance writing. I hope to jump into more. I missed it. Sabbaticals sometimes suck. smile But I needed it. I just wish it did not take me 3 or so years to get back into it.

16. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

well done..... do you mind me being just a teeny weeny bit jealous....

Not at all. LOL!  I pray for you to get a chance as well as everyone else getting their wishes here at hubpages. You all have made me feel so welcome here. Its a new home. <sniff smile

17. Princess Kari profile image61
    Princess Kariposted 14 years ago

congrats that awesome smile
    take advice from hubbers with excellent writing skills and averages of 100 to find out more smile
    so happy for you

Thanks. I am not new at writing. I have been doing it for 16+ years, but I do always welcome good advice. With writing you can never learn too much and it is ever changing. New avenues, new places... oh my... its almost endless what you can do.

18. wittywriter profile image59

I just uploaded my new article on examiner.com. It will take them up to three days to examine and approve my first article. When it gets approved... Ill let you all know. The title is Hot swim suits for plus size women. I just want to say thank you to all that have posted a reply to me and any future hubber posting encouragements - I really appreciate them all.

19. wittywriter profile image59

my article is up on examiner.com, http://www.examiner.com/x-11576-Nashvil … ize-women, jump on and see what you think.

20. SweetiePie profile image81

It says article not ready sad.  Mine did that at first, so make sure to email your channel manager to let them know you wrote your first article, which means you will be live on the site much sooner.

It should not take three days if you email the channel manager to let them know you have written the article.  It took twelve hours for my first article to go live on the site.

21. AshleyVictoria profile image61
    AshleyVictoriaposted 14 years ago

Congrats on the freelance gig!

22. freelanceauthor profile image62
    freelanceauthorposted 14 years ago

Congratulations

you can also try the following:
    daytipper.com
    associatedcontent.com
    constant-content.com

But if you're earning good money here, might as well focus on one or two things. examiner is also a great place to earn.

Good luck

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)