jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

eBay Widget to include 'Buy-It Now' and 'Best Offer' Auctions

1. Mrvoodoo profile image59
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

Could the eBay widget not be made to include 'Buy-It Now' and 'Best Offer' Auctions, I know this is available as an option within the EPN network.

The problem I'm having is that eBay is losing lots of it's small sellers whom are being replaced by larger retailers who seem more likely to sell as Buy-It Now rather than the traditional auction format, also I'm finding that for example if I create a hub aimed at luxury watches, when I'm finished writing and am ready to publish the items I wanted to promote aren't available because they are nearly always Buy-It Now only. 

On the Hub I've just published instead of the $1000+ items I wanted to promote I'm promoting items worth 99c

Possible?

Thanks.

2. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Try narrowing down the search by seller if the items are from a certain seller.

Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, good suggestion, however in terms of future-proofing the hubs different sellers might start stocking or discontinue stocking the items in future, requiring me to keep a close eye on who is selling what all the time.  And especially with rare items such as first edition books these are likely to be one-off sales by individuals.

I know that with the eBay widgets I use on my site it's as simple as ticking a box to include buy-it-now items, so was just curious as to why they weren't included at HP.

2. soni2006 profile image46
      soni2006posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think this is a very good advice. I will do that.

3. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion. I will add it to our list of features for the future.

Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.

4. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Adding a few more options to the Ebay capsule would be nice. Having price as a option would be great. I know that there are items that would show up properly for me if I could eliminate the lower prices.

Because sometimes you get toys in the results, which of course cost far less than actual item. Being able to filter them out would be good.

1. Fawntia profile image
      Fawntiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'll make a note of it, thanks.

5. Mrvoodoo profile image59

Just letting you know that this is still a major problem for me, I've just spent the last few hours researching and writing a hub on wedding favours only to find now that the items I wanted to promote via the eBay widgets won't show, in fact nothing shows in them because virtually all wedding favour style item on eBay are buy it now. sad

I'd much rather use an auction than a static picture to illustrate a point, but at the moment it's back to pictures again (far less profitable).

Yes I know I should have checked first, but this is happening more and more for me, and I really dislike wasting my time writing hubs only to find that I have this problem.

Anyways rant over, let us know if this ever becomes an option, it would be very very very helpful. smile

Thanks.

6. Mrvoodoo profile image59

The eBay widget seems to be including 'Buy-it-now' items now, thank you. smile

working