jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

please answer quickly

1. Sangay Glass profile image82
    Sangay Glassposted 8 years ago

There's a question in the family forum that I can help with easier if I can refer the person to one of my hubs.

On top of giving them some brief advice can I layout a link without getting in trouble?

2. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

direct the person to your hub with a link in the forum if you think it is relatated to the conversation i am sure that is allowed.....jimmy

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Using links in the forum is fine, including links to your own hubs and to external resources.  What we don't want is unsolicited self promotion.  Unsolicited self promotion most commonly manifests itself as 1) starting a new topic with a post that is mainly just a link to your hub or site, 2) signing up for HubPages, and having your first action to be a post to the forum promoting some external site.

If you're a user in good standing with a record of contributing to HubPages, you don't really have to live in fear.  The worst thing that might happen is that we'll delete your post.

4. Sangay Glass profile image82
    Sangay Glassposted 8 years ago

Thanks smile

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

We had a discussion about this not so long ago.  I think everyone agreed that posting links to our Hubs on these forums was in bad taste, if it was purely a shameless attempt at self-promotion.  However if you are answering someone's question and your Hub is genuinely relevant, then there's no problem.