jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

My Website

1. dbowers1995 profile image60
    dbowers1995posted 7 years ago

Could someone look at my site? I am getting alot of page reviews but no clicks... am i doing something wrong?

2. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I assume you're talking about your hubs. The correct place to ask for feedback on your hubs is the Extreme Hub Makeover forum. But everybody makes mistakes, especially when they are new smile

I think that the main thing that you need to understand is that it is going to take time to begin getting clicks. I was very, very lucky and there are a few of us who are unusual in that it happens for us inside of the first six months. You need to give yourself time to start generating clicks on your ads. This can take about six months before you start to see even pennies and sometimes as much as ten months for a payout. Others see the pennies the first month and the dollars within three months. It's a combination of luck and a LOT of skill (most of us are learning through experience).

You won't be getting clicks from hubpages users in most cases (though I have one hub that has done that!). Instead, your clicks will come from search engine traffic. In order to get search engine traffic, you need to obtain a position in the SERPs (search engine results pages). Google and other search engines send "bots" out to spider or crawl the internet. These bots (sometimes themselves called "spiders") look at the content on your page, determine what your page is about, and give you a position in the SERPs. "Back-links" are critically important. These are links that direct people TO your page (not FROM your page). Linking on the forums (or any other page on the hubpages.com domain, as I understand it) doesn't count. If you create high-quality unique content, eventually you will develop what is known as "organic" back links. This is website owners choosing to link to your page because they feel that it is relevant to their own content and helpful to their audience.

The one problem that you are going to have is that you have so little written copy on your pages (and that I saw, no captions on your photographs). My understanding is that you need at least 300 words in a hub in order to get it ranked in the SERPs, and you're falling short of that. Add some content (I always shoot for 1500 words or more, but sometimes am around 800) to the pages, wait a day or two, and then check to see if you're ranked in Google by searching for your page. If not, make the article longer and wait another couple of days.

It takes time to climb, but with effort it's worth it.

3. dbowers1995 profile image60
    dbowers1995posted 7 years ago

Thanks so much for the input... I'm new at this but would like to make income by staying home due to my son'e injury. Thanks again!!!!

4. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

You *can* make money doing this but it's probably going to take you a little while.

I'm sorry to hear about your son's injury -- I realize that it has to be very difficult for the family. You are in my thoughts.

5. freelanceworld profile image60
    freelanceworldposted 7 years ago

Dont worry. Patience is the key.
    Keep hubbing nicely... Results will show up soon.

Best regards for your son
    Cheers smile