jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Hubscore is crazy!

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

I started writing a hub a few days ago and just having one sentnce and a picture it was at 50.  I have been working on it for a few days and watching the hub score go up and down.  Now I worked on it just a bit ago and have not published it yet and when I first went to it it was a hubscore of 68 and when I finished doing all the spell checks and before I publish it it dropped to a 64.  What the heck?

1. profile image61
      CabinGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Fear not my Lady like you it will rise like the Lady of the Lake, you are the lady that made Arthur great !

2. Lady_E profile image81
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

From one Lady to another.....

When people view your page they can rate it.  If they click on the arrow going up, your number will go up - if they click on the arrow going down, the number will go down.  Thats why even when you've published a Hub, the number fluctuates.

Worry not....

3. profile image0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

I have heard that if you let a hub sit unpublished for a few days before you publish, the score will keep going up. Seems to be true on mine. After that, I dunno...anyone's guess smile

4. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

Thanks everyone.  I am going to publish it at 8 tonight, my time.

1. Laughing Mom profile image59
      Laughing Momposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Can I ask how many views it had before you published it?

Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It said 15.  I don't know how because it wasn't published then.  It is now, but I have seen the status yet.

I just looked at the status and it says 3 since I published it about an hour ago and 18 for the last 7 days.

2. Laughing Mom profile image59
          Laughing Momposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's my understanding that HP can and does view them while they are under construction. I have noticed as many as 10 over a period of a few days, but the last one I published was about the challenge. I worked on it for less than 18 hours, and got 22 views. I thought that was alot compared to how many times my others were viewed, so I was just curious.

I thought that you were just curious.  It doesn't bother me that you asked.

working