American Idol Sucks

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (32 posts)
  1. C.Ferreira profile image69
    C.Ferreiraposted 14 years ago

I'm sitting here watching the American Idol finale, against my will, and I cannot believe the trash that is going on!

Black Eyed Peas!!?!? They are so frigin' terrible it makes me sick. There has been nothing good about this entire show, except for the two minutes in which Jason Mraz saved his own song from the atrocity of the American Idol cast offs.

I take that back...for whatever reason...a couple chicks in bikini's just walked out. That doesn't suck, but the rest of the talent and music on this show is horrendous.

I am sorely disappointed in this country's musical intellect in this day and age.

1. goldentoad profile image61
      goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG!!! American Idol is the best, I can't wait to watch it tonight!! Don't tell me too much more!!! I can hardly wait!!

2. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ummm, yeah, you noticed?  It used to be bands were MUSICIANS--artists.  And they had their own sound and songs. Now it's all about 'star making' and fame, and stupid shows like this (well, OK, I don't mean across the board..).  It's soooo plastic and boring.  And sorry, the chicks in bikinis wouldn't interest me either, wink.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    3. Eaglekiwi profile image75

What were you expecting I wonder?

4. spiderpam profile image74
      spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I stop watching AI mainly because of the new judge, but I did tune for the last 4 minutes and was elated that Kris won. smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
  2. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I missed Keith, how was he? Amazing? Agreed, this isn't my kind of music... but it's what's on the radio!

1. C.Ferreira profile image69
      C.Ferreiraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Keith sucks worse than the rest of these shmoes. The only good thing he did was play a little lead guitar at the end.

1. Colebabie profile image61
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I went to his concert and he was really good. Great guitarist/songwriter

3. C.Ferreira profile image69

Keith whatever his name is, is NOT a good songwriter.

Just when I thought something good was coming in Santana, I remembered that they would immediately ruin it with all these shmucks singing.

What a shame.

4. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

That's your opinion. Quite a few of his songs I have related to and felt in touch with his lyrics and emotions. Just turn off the tv if you keep getting disappointed. But I'm sure you're hopeful for something good to come on smile

5. mandybeau profile image59
    mandybeauposted 14 years ago

{People either love or hate this series... The judges get me a bit all to much the same good bad and ugly.

1. Laughing Mom profile image61
      Laughing Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've never been able to watch it. I guess I fit in the latter category. 
      I thought this was going to be a bashing thread, but it looks like most people here like it.  I guess it's renewed every season for a reason.  They wouldn't produce it if it wasn't bringing in the viewers and the bucks.
      So can anyone tell me why I'm constantly hearing teasers during the morning news that 'Simon may finally leave the show'?  Is he just a tease, or what?

6. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Keith Urban was  sssizzling hot!!!

Black-eyed peas man they were awesome !! won 3 grammys I can see why ,so much fun and timing fantastic.

Actually I dont watch Idol until the last few shows because its soooo um...bubble-gumish

but the final tonite wow!!!

Excellant

And congratulations to them all!! especially you know the winner!!!

7. Eaglekiwi profile image75

They need Simon because he adds controversy ,the perfect pitch for any reality show ,keeps the ratings up.

1. secondreview profile image59
      secondreviewposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Simon gives the show some sizzle.

8. Laughing Mom profile image61
    Laughing Momposted 14 years ago

I'd be interested to know how those who had to work their way into the business by living hand to mouth, fighting and clawing their way to success feel about these stars that seem to come out of nowhere into super-stardom.  During the CMA awards last year, Faith Hill seemed to make her stance known when Carrie was given the award Faith was expecting.  I know she said later she was just joking, but the look on her face didn't look planned to me.

9. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Honestly I do not watch American Idol because the whole thing bored me to tears.  I really do not like the idea of the singers singing songs made famous by others, and I think they should have to write a few of their own original songs, or at least hire someone to pen a few original ones for them.  However, network TV really does not interest me very much, and I would rather watch a movie or HBO series if I have the TV on.

10. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

I thought Adam was one one of the best singers I'd heard in a long time - wish he had won!

11. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 14 years ago

I love American Idol and I am not afraid to admit it.

I watch it with my kids.  And, we are going to the concert in Aug.  We went last year, too.  We enjoyed it.  Except for bikini girl this year, the show is family friendly and something I can watch with my kids.  You can't say that about too many shows on tv lately. 

As far as talent goes, Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry, Carrie Underwood, David Cook, Adam Lambert, etc. are just as good as anyone else currently out there.  And, going through the AI process and winning? I would consider that clawing your way to top. Faith Hill was just jealous cause someone beat her.

We'll, there ya have it.
    Bash away, if you must.
    But, that is just the way I roll.

p.s. I also like the Jonas Brothers. wink

12. SweetiePie profile image82

Why is a bikini not family friendly?  I did not watch the show, but people wear bikinis on the beach, so how is it different when on TV?  Personally I do not wear bikinis, do not have the body for it, but I see nothing wrong with someone wearing one.

1. Janet21 profile image80
      Janet21posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It wasn't the bikini itself (which was skimpy to say the least), it was the entire conversation, innuendos, verbal exchanges, etc. made surrounding this contestant which I could have done without.  She didn''t make it to the Top 24, but was on the finale this evening and came bouncing onto the stage with obvious breast implants.  It certainly wasn't R rated or anything, just not as rated G as I would have liked watching with my 8 & 11 year old daughters. wink

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75

The bikini girl was out of context with the show is all ,being that it was primarily a singing contest.
      I think  she was used as 'eye candy' and looked quite pleased with her totally new package lol
      Maybe we will see her in volleyball at the next Olympics too ...j/k she had no talent ,just new boobs lol

13. SweetiePie profile image82

I understand that Janet smile.

14. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Adam was the best but think America voted for Kris because he was an amateur.  Adama was too professional, too polished and doesn't need Idol to make it!

15. profile image0
    Adam Bposted 14 years ago

I stopped watching American Ido around episode 2 where they booted this one blonde who had a far superior voice to everyone on there, but the judges railroaded her because they didn't "get" her wardrobe.  She wasn't wearing anything crazy...looked pretty normal to me.

Anyway, I caught a few episodes here & there and HATED that poser Adam.   I am glad Kris won, but...honestly...I didn't care much.

The judges all have an adjenda and are not evaluating actual talent in a non-biased fashion which makes the show a joke to me.

16. C.Ferreira profile image69

At least the right guy won. I saw him perform once while I was at a bar and it was pretty good. The other toolbag was too whiny.

Even so, none of these contestants are really that good. A couple can sing but that is useless when they sing other people's songs.

My main point is that music is dead as we know it in this country. The so called "pop" music is a horrifying scene that contains no musical talent. What happened to bands that could play some instruments and show off their musical prowess!?

The Jonas Brothers!? Really!? They might be the absolute worst thing I have ever witnessed. Its like mmbop all over again, and we all know what happened to them...oh no we don't, because they sucked and disappeared just like the Jonas Brothers should.

17. SweetiePie profile image82

Some of those stellar bands still play and tour.  Honestly I have not been a fan of much modern music since the end of the eighties.  There are some good bands today, but they are the ones that write and perform most of their own songs.

18. lisafwg01 profile image60
    lisafwg01posted 14 years ago

The only time I ever watch AI is during the auditions because they are so comical. Other than that the show is a waste of time, IMO.

19. Eaglekiwi profile image75

I dont like the way AI is produced -the glitz and fake is sickening!!!
    But I do appreciate the new talent and skills out there all the same.

Whatever happened to the way a decent talent quest show was run anyway? you know where they were judged on their musical talents and not appearances ,its very shallow!!! and market driven,I agree.

Thats is probably why Kris won in the end ,he just sang his heart out and stayed true to himself unilke Adam who sings to a market $$ ( just my opinion)

20. sassychic profile image60
    sassychicposted 14 years ago

Im just happy that Chris Alien won!!! He truly has heart and talent! Adam Lambert was simply there for the fame adn he is already showing major cockiness towards "trying the be a winner" Plus I didnt care for much of his so called rocker style. I like rock adna ll but Adam just plain sucked sorry for the people who liked him but he didnt impress me much.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)