jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (16 posts)

Who Makes the Biggest & Best Pizzas??

1. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Country - Style - Pricing etc.
    The best so far I have is 460mm Diameter - NZ

2. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

The Blue Peter in SA makes some huge pizzas. They're generous with the toppings as well.

3. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

No one around where I live! wink

I've had ok Pizzas, but nothing phenomenal. Next time I go to NYC I will have to try it there...never have tried it in NYC and always kick myself for it.

4. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

I make the best pizza. Try making a home made pizza and taste the difference. You can probably make it for less than a dollar.

Biggest is not best as far as I am concerned. I prefer good dough with just enough topping instead of those monsters you get in the states.

5. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Lombardi's in New York City makes the BEST pizza.

Pizza Girls in downtown West Palm Beach, in South Florida... makes the LARGEST pizzas smile

6. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

I'm laughing at the concept of does size matter? In pizzas, I don't think it necessarily does. A basic "large" is the right size so that the dough cooks through evenly and the toppings sit nicely on top and melt evenly.

Taste is also very individual when it comes to pizza.
    Having grown up in NY and spent my young adult years in Boston, I feel very spoiled. It's difficult to find pizza to compare to those.

But here are some of my faves:
    In NY: John's.
    In Boston: The European in the North End and Newbury Pizza (I think that;'s the name or it could be Cosmic) on Newbury Street
    In Sacramento: Giovannis, although my Hubby and Sonny prefer Uncle Vitos.
    In SF: A Slice of NY
    In Berkeley: Blondies

7. Pearldiver profile image87

I Must do a Hub on Pizzas soon.. the key to a good pizza as Mark points out is the dough, followed closely by the sauce(s).

Not going to make this my hub.  But as a chef, I have some amazing original recipes to share... you will see, eventually lol. 
    In the interim, maybe we might see some good deep dish hubs.

Thanks very much for your comments so far.

8. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I have teenagers who love their pizza lol homemade or take-out...for now we have pizza hut and domino's n my fruit pizza but I use that pilsbury pizza dough or toast for homemade pizza n size does matter tongue my boys eat like I starved them all day not to forget the friends they invite over hmm surprised theres still room for me in here lol I would love the perfect recipe for a pizza crust for a super size one tongue wink lol

9. Lady_E profile image81
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Pizza Hut and Dominos - if you live in the UK.

10. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Canada here big_smile

11. Chris Telden profile image88
    Chris Teldenposted 7 years ago

Mmmm. Pizza is the quintessential food--it has all the food groups--milk, cereal, vegetable, meat, and fat--and is a reason to live.

My favorite pizza places are in Chicago.  However, my opinion on this is rather emotional...so I had to write a hub to capture my deeper feelings. big_smile

1. mandybeau profile image59
      mandybeauposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Italians or this New zealander.

12. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

I make the best pizza of course.

13. Pearldiver profile image87

I THINK.. There are 3 Kiwis in this forum that all know something that non kiwis don't know about the Pizzas that we make here.  Clearly, Kiwis Do It Better.. Ummmmmmm???

Ask Mandybeau, where else in the world would you find an 'H' Pizza?
    I'm so pleased Eaglekiwi hasn't lost her accent: She knows that in Australia... she's making a Kiwi Pizza! (Now we know too)(Good onya m8!).

I am a Kiwi Pizza Maker too. We have some Really Big Boys in Bumble Town - NZ.  Our local pizza man has shown us (kiwis) that you don't have to use frozen bases and be conventional (as do and are, most of the franchised chains).  His customers (as really Big Boys) often prefer to supply their own ingredients and have the Maestro create his magic with whatever the customers wish to have (or supply) as their preferred topping.

For example:

'Taupo Roadkill'.. A delicate (thu often pungent) mix of; possum, 'H' hog, puha, mountain oysters & mushrooms - they are just Magic!

or a really popular pizza called:

'Winz's Fault'.. A blend of trout, paua, wild boar, 'skunk' & semi-clad mutton; garnished with fresh pine needles, on a base of chainsaw & marmite sauce.

How could anyone compete with such culinary delights?  What else could said on the subject?  "I Rest My Case!"

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

not a peep from me only this >>Roflmao<<

14. Pearldiver profile image87

OMG.. Sorri bout that (I should research my ingredients better!  Eagle,eagle,eagle 1000 x I will never forget.. Let me make you a pizza) -- You Can Hit Me with a Stick.. I don't mind.  Just never, never loose your accent or your humour -- OK?