jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Word Count In Draft

1. sunstreeks profile image83
    sunstreeksposted 7 years ago

Is it possible to be able to see the word count when previewing the hub unpublished, or another way to do so before publishing.

I know that after the results have been gathered, the word count is listed in the stats. It would be helpful though to have an idea before publishing.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Yes, there is a Preview button. smile not sure of the word count. I usually use Word then transfer to NP then HP, lol lol

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

When viewing the hub (not in Edit mode, but you do need to be logged into your account) click on Stats at the top, and then Hub Metrics.

It'll give you a Word Count.

You can do that to an unpublished hub as well.

If I've not yet started filling Capsules with content and I've just got my writing in a Text document, I use a couple of webpages I have uploaded on one of my websites for a quick Word Count and a Character Count.

The Character Count is handy if you're putting in a custom summary for your hub, because (while it doesn't say it) it needs to be no more than 500 characters.

1. JamaGenee profile image88
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Darkside, that's good to know, and thanks for the link to the Character Counter.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I love hearin what DS has to say. Always so wise smile

5. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

"learn something new every day" - thanks, Darkside.