jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Yesterday's spam post about women's height

1. Capable Woman profile image81
    Capable Womanposted 7 years ago

So I guess because so many people responded to it, now their back.

See posts and hub by optimusinfo2

They've all been reported.

I'm a total Newb around here so I will not presume to tell older members what to do, however I would kindly suggest we don't place replies to spam.

I like it here!

2. Capable Woman profile image81
    Capable Womanposted 7 years ago

bump

3. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Sorry, but in that case yesterday I do not apologize for responding to that spam post, especially since it opened an interesting discussion, which is the only reason I participated.  Anything advocating a product that suggests women should feel less about their self image is just wrong.  By the way, I rarely respond to those posts, but I would say the best rule of thumb is only respond to the posts you think are good for you, and let others decide what is best for them.

1. Capable Woman profile image81
      Capable Womanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would agree with that wholeheartedly...except in the case of obvious spam. Spam is bad for the community as a whole, don't you think?

The most annoying part (to me, anyway) is how it messes up the natural continuity of the posts...things get pushed down and replaced by the spam while you're trying to follow 2 or 3 conversations.

Everyone is free to do as they choose, of course. I merely suggest.

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

In this case it did not clog up any discussion, and it actually sparked an interesting one in my opinion.  The spam links were cut on that thread yesterday, so the rewards were not sought.

4. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Show me who to Club!!  I Love Women (o'corse I don't know any.. But I'll sort it out) I'll be a Rescuer!!  Look at me.. I'm a Strong, Handsome, Stubbly Man!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I have a feeling this loser doesn't read the forums he spams.

6. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Well he did stick his tongue out at me, so he read what I wrote apparently.

7. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

Do you mean this character can read??!!

8. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

I flagged them all

working