jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Zimbio & Blog Catalog?

1. Janet21 profile image79
    Janet21posted 7 years ago

I came across these sites when checking the rankings of my blog in google.   A competiting blog of mine came up on the first page of google with their link on these sites.

I registered at both of them and was wondering if anyone can share their personal experiences using these sites.   I guess I just don't understand the concept.  In a sense, you register your blog and it imports your blog posts.  Isn't that kind of like duplicate content?  Maybe I am missing something here.  I mean I guess it is working for some blogs since the links are ranking in google. 

Any info on these sites would be appreciated. Thanks~

2. BristolBoy profile image82
    BristolBoyposted 7 years ago

I personally have my blogs on Blogcatalog and must say that it has been relatively beneficial as so far it has proven to be one of my highest traffic sources.

3. girly_girl09 profile image80
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

Haven't heard of Zimbio, but I will check it out.

I use Blog Catalog and BlogLog.

I never find any back links from Blog Catalog when I check, but there are always tons from BlogLog. I haven't been penalized yet. (To my knowledge!) I occasionally get some traffic from there, too.

I don't think it counts as duplicate content because they work as RSS feeds and just display a sentence or two, not the whole article.

Hopefully someone will come along that is more knowledgeable then me! smile I'd like to know more about this, too.

1. Janet21 profile image79
      Janet21posted 7 years ago in reply to this

good point.

one more question!  do you guys get involved with the social aspect of these sites or do you just upload your blogs and leave it at that?  I was wondering if participating in the community (groups/discussions/etc) increases your success rate with those platforms. Kind of like over here on hubpages.