jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

Which of yours would you choose?

1. 0
    Gods Gardenposted 7 years ago

Of your seven senses which is most important to you...choose wisely...

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hearing so that I may hear voices of others. smile

2. fortunerep profile image63
    fortunerepposted 7 years ago

my eyesight, definately

3. marisuewrites profile image60
    marisuewritesposted 7 years ago

4. trooper22 profile image61
    trooper22posted 7 years ago

Hearing.  The loss of music and poetry would be far more tragic to me then any other sensation.

5. curiozities profile image61
    curiozitiesposted 7 years ago

Sight.  Watching my two-month-old son's smile brings me a joy like nothing I've ever experienced before.

6. Feline Prophet profile image60
    Feline Prophetposted 7 years ago

I can't imagine not being able to see...and read.

7. K.D. Clement profile image86
    K.D. Clementposted 7 years ago

Some people say that there are actually 12 senses...

8. TheMindlessBrute profile image79
    TheMindlessBruteposted 7 years ago

I would retain my eyesight.

Smell: I wouldn't be able to smell a birthday cake but I could see the creamy white vanilla frosting and multi colored sprinkles.

Touch:I wouldn't be able to tell the difference whether or not a cake pan was searing my flesh or what my burning flesh smelled like smelled like as I pulled it out of the oven.However I would be able to see the burn and treat it.

Taste:I wouldn't be able to taste the cake I just baked and that is not necessarily a bad thing trust me I wouldn't mind.

Hearing:I wouldn't be able to hear my children singing happy birthday but I could watch their reactions as they eat my lousy cake and pretend to like it.

Intuition:If I kept my sight I could see any perceptions that I might have missed.

Equlibrium:As long as I can see the beauty of nature I'll always have a sense of balance.

9. spuds profile image20
    spudsposted 7 years ago

By far, eye sight

10. 0
    Gods Gardenposted 7 years ago

The primary five Senses are Sight, Smell, Taste, Hear, Feel. The additional two are Knowledge, & Being.
    These are the 7 senses I'm aware of, though you'll hear arguments of less and more.
    We might as well add Intuition to the list..do you know of more?

11. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

I would have to say sight.

12. 0
    jami430posted 7 years ago

If you weren't able to "touch," you would literally die.

There was a girl who had no sensation whatsoever, and her joints would grind together and wear down (because she didn't realize her body was uncomfortable and shift, like most people would do).

She also would have no idea that she was leaning on a hot stove or washing her hands with water that was way too hot.

Anyway, she literally died in her early 20s because she wore her body down too much.

So...yeah...I'd choose touch.

Also, without being able to feel, you wouldn't get to enjoy sex. That would blow.