jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

1. jimmythejock profile image81
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

For the first time in a long time i decided today to google hubpages, and i found this site, they are claiming to show you how to use hubpages and make alot of money in the process, for a small fee of course $47.00 to be exact, now i have done a little detective work and discovered that the 2 people in question who own this site have made only 26 hubs between them 1 who has only made 2 hubs and the other 24 hubs, these guys claim to be earning a fortune from hubpages and say that you can too. i believe this to be a complete scam and after reading their hubs i would say that they would be very lucky if they were earning 10 cents a week from their hubpages, i just wondered if the hub team are aware of this site and if they have any opinion concerning it.....jimmy

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I see what you mean!   I also notice that one of them has two Hub accounts under different names - is that allowed?

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

More get-rich-quick schemers....

4. Lissie profile image88
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Theres another one over at clickbank - search on hubpages (1 word) - similar price .  I'm impressed that you managed to figure out which hubbers it was.  I suspect that they are both pushing the fact that hp gets good google ranking.  i notice a number of new hubbers adding lots and lots of short hubs , all text,  on similar subjects - look like they are spinning.  What I cant figure out is why - I cant see a link out to anywhere -  I hope they arent doing hiddne links because that will get the whole site in big G's black books!

5. Lissie profile image88
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I feel a hub coming on - the free version of this!

6. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Good idea, Lissie!

Relache, I'm completely stunned to realise you have only 64 Hubs and over 100 fans.

7. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Whenever something good and worthwhile appears on the net (like HubPages and Squidoo) there are those that share their expertise in forum posts, or in hubs (or lenses) and then there are those that learn from those resources and slap together a pathetic instruction manual and charge money for it.

1. Lissie profile image88
      Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

True but its a free world and definitely caveat emptor - for people who are holding down another job and dont have much time the investment in a well written manual might be a worthwhile short cut.  At least if its thru clickbank you can always get your money back!