Who are your favourite hubbers?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (54 posts)
  1. profile image0
    MangoGirlposted 14 years ago

Give me some tips, folks. smile

1. nicomp profile image61
      nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I encourage you to keep posting without hubbing. The boundary conditions of HubPages will be revealed. How low can a rating go? Can it go negative?

When you're banned for inactivity, will your posts vanish? Will your avatar persist?

1. profile image0
        MangoGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

have you met the golden toad?

No, not yet. Should I introduce myself?

OK, I checked. The Toadster has 492 Fans, 2 Hubs and the same rating as me. Somewhere in there is a lesson.

1. profile image0
            Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He's written many more than that.  He deletes them, for reasons unknown.  Probably dissatisfied by his previous writing...  So that explains that..

1. profile image0

Toads are mysterious beings. I did see that he had 2 hubs and then there was only one. smile He is no human, so I'm not trying to fully comprehend it.

Just brainstorming... perhaps Mr. Kermit is test-marketing his writing here, then publishing elsewhere for more profit.

Regardless of why, how is a better question. How does the rating stay so high? Wouldn't it gradually drop back down?

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
                  Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is practicing and building up his confidence - Like Lita, I hope to see a GT book one day. A great raw talent smile

1. profile image0

Please tell me, Sufidreamer, I'm not the suicidal girl any more. smile

2. AEvans profile image70
                  AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The rating stays high due to the amount of hubs that were previously published and then unpublished, because they are not clearly documented on his profile as a hub does not mean they are not there. I have 21 hubs that were published and then I unpublished due to them being seasonal so aids with the score remaining high. Hope this helps. smile

2. mandybeau profile image59
          mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is one of the best Hubbers very witty Earnesthub is cool Londongirl is nice, and Countrywomen.....badcompany and all those that Lucey has said, including of course Lucey they would be the most popular. Recently I like the style of Mango girl who posted this Forum Go girl

2. C.S.Alexis profile image84
    C.S.Alexisposted 14 years ago

impossible to state because there are so many wonderful hubbers, the one's who write on a regular basis with good content.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Are you going to write anything or do you just like to hang around on forums drawing attention to yourself?

1. profile image0

the latter for now

She's getting warmed up. 3 hours of makeup application each morning isn't conducive to HubWriting.

4. C.S.Alexis profile image84

Good Morning Uninvited Writer. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful Sunday Morning!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good morning. Yes, enjoying the quiet. And getting annoyed on the forums smile I think I'm starting to channel Mark some times...

5. C.S.Alexis profile image84

I usually do not mess with the forums but this morning waiting to get on the roof. i thought i would read around...Can't figure what is up with folks who do not write on hubpages but splash around the forums like shark bait?????

6. profile image0

Since you don't say who your favorite hubbers are, am I to conclude you either don't read or you're actually just advertising yourselves to me?

7. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

This thread is really scary - channeling Mark K is pure horror movie.  CSA is waiting to get 'up on the roof' - this also sounds disturbing.  Life can't be that bad.  Can we talk you down?
    And Mango 'circling like shark bait' and her score going negative - all very dark. 

Which reminds me, Darkside is always a good read.  I have loads of favorites but am reluctant share in case I miss people out.  Generally I'd start with hubbers with a score close to 100 to see what works well here.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said.. Have you considered the raw talent of Kiwis as Shark Bait though?  We catch sharks by hand here.. seriously.. extreme fishing.. abit like this forum really. smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well that leaves me out lol ,its ok Im obviously taking the long road there.

8. LornaDane profile image60
    LornaDaneposted 14 years ago

I'm pretty new, so I don't know many, but MotherHubber is freaking hilarious. Start with her hubs about Dora the Explorer.

1. profile image0

Thanks, Lorna. I'll check it out.

9. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

I think he's dissatisfied with previous writing....  And he should be.  He's actually a very good writer--better than I ever thought, with that one short story of his.

Really.  Up there, if he so chose to work at it.

10. profile image0

I've noticed lots of action on the forums seems to increase the hubscore...I believe hubpages may have changed the formula for these things from previous months--maybe with the upgrade to the site.

11. profile image0

I'm after the funny interpretation of life. smile

12. profile image0

I create my own purpose. I'm good like that.

1. profile image0

I get it.

13. profile image0

May want to knock it off just a bit, unless you do want to be outed.

My purposes were specific in this case to Sufi alone.

14. profile image0

You know, I just don't like to take things too seriously. smile

1. AEvans profile image70

Well that is a good thing as it appears that you are taking this forum seriously. What is quite interesting is that I have noticed that you like to argue with other hubbers and make derogatory comments. My recommendation is to read the hubs that other hubbers write about instead of asking who our favourite hubbers are. There are so many wonderful writers you to may find your own favorites so you will not have to ask. FYI one last tip before starting a thread check and see if it already has been a topic of discussion and read the rules of HP as it may simplify things for you. If you walk into a forum with a chip on your shoulder you may suffer reprecussions. smile

15. profile image0

Nor do I....at times.  So outing someone sort of foolish would be no problem for me, wink  Might even be fun!!  And that's what you're after, isn't it?

16. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Thanks for watching my back, Lita, and making sure that an Ouzo-soaked old hippy does not trip over his own feet. smile

Developing an inkling........

17. lisafwg01 profile image59
    lisafwg01posted 14 years ago

I don't really have any favorites. I am discovering new people whose "voice" I admire every day; some because they share my POV and others because they are very different from me.

With only a few notable exceptions, I have found most "hubbers" very entertaining and enjoyable.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well put !! my thought exactly ,well not exactly but close enough lol

18. C.S.Alexis profile image84

I Love poorQpine! Think that writing might fit the bill.

19. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Now that's a cool tip AE smile thank you.

20. goldentoad profile image61
    goldentoadposted 14 years ago

Kermit has no reasons for any actions... he just writes when he feels like it.

I don't think you are kermit GT, apparently she has blinder's on. smile

1. goldentoad profile image61
        goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ahh its alright, besides I think Kermit is cool. Not as cool as Animal but what muppet is?

I think Miss Piggy is adorable she is always chasing kermit with her little pink self and Miss Piggy seems to be doing that with the comments that she has made. smile

Ha, yes, now that you mention it! I see the resemblance!

21. icewave5 profile image60
    icewave5posted 14 years ago

me.. i like me

that's a positive approach, not to mention, an honest view.

2. mandybeau profile image59
      mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah icewave should go on the list.

22. Lucey Knight profile image59
    Lucey Knightposted 14 years ago

For me picking a favorite author on HubPages would be like having to pick a star from the sky.  There are many, many brilliant writers on here and I find more and more everyday.  I think it's extremely motivating and stimulating. However, in my short time here I can gladly recomend some that are definitely worth the read:

imadork
    badcompany99
    mandybeau
    PJ Staurt
    marinealways24
    scotthbooks
    KCC Big Country
    James A Watkins
    MissLeigh06
    johnb0127
    Kushal Poddar
    coolhubber
    dwilliamson
    catcreative
    Amberskye
    logic,commonsense
    cashmere

(In no way do I mean to offend anyone who is not on the list, I hope to encounter many more writers during my stay at HubPages.)

My advice MangoGirl is simply this: read and to explore.  If you don't find the topic you are looking for then request it to be written.  Either post it in a forum or go to the writer's profile and request it directly from them.  For me, HubPages is about expression and connections and personal growth.  Happy Hubbing, dear and may you find what you are looking for.

1. profile image48
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nicely said Lucey and thanks for the mention but for good writing I would find you way surpass me. I just write humor but your writing is the sort that could one day get published. But for me I don't have a fav hubber, I find every person on here has a hub to write and each person has something special to say. Anyways another days work awaits, I wish you all well in your future writing. Lucey I love yer hair babe, and along with that whip maybe you just could be my fav hubber ; )

1. Lucey Knight profile image59
        Lucey Knightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aww....bad.....you are so sweet....I bet you say that to all the redheads!!!  Ha-Ha...just kidding.  Seriously...you are pretty amazing yourself.

23. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

Very difficult to answer. almost as bad as which is your fav book or song.
    How do u pick one?
    there are so many good ones around

24. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

My favorites change with my mood. Sometimes I like funny hubs, sometimes serious etc, a wide range of hubs is what makes this hubpages so great

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)