jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

What would it take to change your mind

1. nicomp profile image60
    nicompposted 8 years ago

If you are a naturalist and you subscribe to macro-evolution, what evidence would change your mind?

1. profile image0
      MangoGirlposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If you wanted to post a question that gets no answers, I'm not gonna let you. smile

1. nicomp profile image60
        nicompposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I didn't expect to get no answers. Thanks!

2. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Controversy does not equal substance, Mango.  Just thought I'd point that out.

My question would be: Why would someone serious have to choose between believing in macro or micro evolution, period?  Maybe somebody like Sufi can answer....

1. Sufidreamer profile image80
          Sufidreamerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You rang, Lita big_smile

It is a creationism thing. Micro evolution is evolution within a species (peacocks growing more elaborate tails to attract mates). Macro evolution is the general diversification of species, one gradually changing into another. smile

Basically, creationists accept micro but not macro. The rest of us accept both. Why this is in the Hubber's Hangout, rather than the religion forum, I do not know. hmm

Trying to retire from evolution debates - you can only have the same debate so many times without becoming very tired of it wink

Evidence for changing my mind: Not the Bible.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
            Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I am eagerly awaiting his evidence. I assume he has some or he wouldn't be asking the question. wink

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

What have you got? big_smile

3. apeksha profile image60
      apekshaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Nothing gone change my mind...

working