HubMob weekly topic: Fourth of July

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Princessa profile image80
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

Hello HubMobsters,

A big thanks to all of you who took part in last week's HubMob.

We are starting this week in a more festive mood -after all Summer is almost here!  Welcome the BBQs, picnics, baseball, outdoors concerts and of course for the Americans, their big day celebration, the 4th of July. Yes, this week's HubMob topic is 4th of July celebrations. http://i43.tinypic.com/aaysgo.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/rup3mg.jpg

If like me, you are not American or you do not live in America, but still want to take part in this week's HubMob, don't worry, there are plenty of hub ideas to become a HubMobster.  You can take the topic as easy or as serious as you want, anything is valid, from BBQ recipes to historical accounts.

Some ideas for a HubMob hub are:

4th of July Fireworks
    4th of July Parades
    4th of July Concerts
    4th of July baseball games
    4th of July crafts and games for children
    4th of July decorations
    Best places to visit in North America the 4th of July
    4th of July celebrations in USA, for example, the America's Freedom Festival at Provo, in Utah, and Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest in New York City.

Party supplies

Barbecues and picnics.
    Patriotic songs

Political speeches and ceremonies.

American traditions
    The American Revolution
    United States Declaration of Independence
    The political impact of American independence
    The economic impact of American Independence

Major 4th of July displays held around the world, for example the 4th of July weekend festival for Danish-Americans in Denmark.

To join this week's HubMob please follow the steps below:

1. click this link and answer the Request that I entered in for all of you HubMobsters.

2. Choose a relevant title for your HubMob To get a good ranking in the search engines make your title relevant to your hub content and avoid starting your title with "Weekly HubMob"

3. If necessary change the category for your hub according to your content.

4. Include the HubMob RSS Feed in your hub: http://hubpages.com/request/13176/?new&rss

5. Add the HubMob graphic to your hub so that everyone who reads it will know that it is part of the official HubMob topic of the week.

6. After you publish your HubMob Hub, come back to the forum and post a link to your hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.  Take advantage of the free publicity!

7. Keep track of your Hub and keep us updated on any traffic that you're getting and post some screenshots if you end up HubMobbing a few search keywords over on Google.

Yep, that's about it - have fun writing your HubMob Hub this week and please let us all know if you have any questions. Have fun, you crazy HubMobsters. smile

For those who are still not sure about what is a HubMob and the benefits of taking part in one I created this guide http://hubpages.com/hub/What-is-a-HubMo … o-join-one , please feel free to come up with any questions if you have any doubts left.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Forgotten-Fourth-of-July

This is going to be a fun topic! I ahred three good memories of the past.

Princessaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow Patty, that was fast smile You are number 1 this week!

2. JamaGenee profile image78
      JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been waiting for this one!!  I love love love the 4th of July!

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88

Hello Princessa and JamaGenee! The 4th of July can be a LOT of fun and different at the same time. So I loved writing this one. I look forward to everyone else's this week!

I'll try to put one toguether too smile

4. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

What a pity this is aimed at only the Americans!

Not really Cindy, come on... I am not American neither, in fact I am a bit of everything (A born in Peru British citizen living in France, married to a Scotsman with children born in Spain...) I could hardly get patriotic about a country. 

I am sure most of us non-North Americans will find a subject for this topic ;-)

5. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

Okay, have to put on my Canadian thinking cap for this one.  I was only in the States once on July 4th and I didn't notice anything at all going on.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha - you could write about the 1976 200th anniversary of July 4th and the 200 Elvis impersonators at the Staute of Liberty. smile

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
        Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG, LOL!  That must be a hilarious sight!

I'm still trying to come up with the HubMob hub title for this.  Guess it's going to be a straight forward HubMob/July 4th title.

6. Princessa profile image80

Here are some 4th of July topics suggested by Ryan:

- Fireworks safety
    - History of 4th of july
    - 4th of July Costumes
    - 4th of July traditions
    - 4th of july cake ideas or other recipes
    - great outdoor games for 4th of july

7. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88

A Rockin' Independence Day HubMob

Aha!  The 4th of July and Independence Day are the same thing.  I thought so!

Thanks, Patty! smile 

I don't want to plagairise (okay, outright steal) your title but I may be back to beg for it.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha - Your title is great smile

8. dwilliamson profile image59
    dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago

Hah!  Yay, dwilliamson!  July 1st is pretty close to July 4th.  In fact, I mention it in the HubMob hub.  Thanks for representing us!

9. lumberjack profile image66
    lumberjackposted 14 years ago

That's great advice, lets just enjoy the show now:  http://i40.tinypic.com/4gt2mv.jpg

10. Mezo profile image60
    Mezoposted 14 years ago

I hope you like this one :
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Political-bloopers
    just for fun

11. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Okay Princessa, I did it.  Not my best, but 4th of July?  Come on, I'm an African, what else could I have done....http://hubpages.com/hub/Whats-so-special-about-the-4th-of-July

I knew you would come up with something good Cindy smile
      I am working on mine just now, I hope to finish it in the next hour or so. 

By the way, any favourite topics for next week?

2. RooBee profile image82
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You did great! I wondered what fun hubs might be spurred by this  topic, as we have a collection of great hubbers from all over the world. I recommend this read! big_smile

I had a poli-sci prof. who asked us to talk about September 11th, then scolded us for not taking into consideration that MANY historical events have occurred on Sept 11th - some resulting in much more innocent bloodshed. He did this not to minimize the tragedy of "our" 9/11, but to remind us that there is a bigger world out there.

This same guy also taught us not to refer to ourselves as "Americans" because we are only inhabiting a chunk of America and to just claim the whole of the Americas as our own is quite arrogant.

I wish more were like him, because I think a lot of people perpetuate the "typical American" stereotypes (as outlined in the hilarious map in Cindy's hub) without malice - just ignorance b/c they have not been challenged to think outside of the box they were taught to reside in.

12. Shirley Anderson profile image71
  13. Mezo profile image60
    Mezoposted 14 years ago

my hub was published 3 hours ago and now it's on the first page on google for Political bloopers
    I love HP smile

Wow Mezo... that's amazing, congratulations.  You are becoming the king of the Mob smile
      http://i22.tinypic.com/2zq76z9.jpg

14. Mezo profile image60
    Mezoposted 14 years ago

mmmm topics? maybe I have some suggestions but I dunno if it has been already used in the hubmob (or it suits the hubmob):

-Supernatural powers (telepathy, psychokinesis, etc) and may be experiences, too!

-Computer designing and graphics (photoshop, 3Dmax, tutorials, how tos, etc)

-Maybe something scientific or some kind of a simplified science like : the history of communications, How satellites/mobiles work, understanding genetic codes or how out bodies function (how do we hear, talk,walk,see, etc)

-Learning a new language.

-Something about sports may be football, basketball.

These are just some suggestions...I hope they help a little to inspire you.

thanks

Thanks for the ideas Mezo smile
      Anyone else has a fav. topic?

2. RooBee profile image82
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oooh, I really like all of those ideas. Especially the science & supernatural ones!!

Other ideas:
      -Road Trips/Camping Trips - could include campfire recipes, safety tips, best places, campfire stories, survival tips, best roadtrip playlists, etc

-Best/worst/most embarrassing/unbelievable/etc. summer tale

-Robots..elaborate at will

15. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Oh, poo!

Sorry, Cindy!  Your url isn't linked and I missed it.  I'll go add it now.

16. Shirley Anderson profile image71
  17. Princessa profile image80

Here is my try at the topic: A fashion orientated 4th of July, http://hubpages.com/hub/Wearing-the-American-Flag

18. Shirley Anderson profile image71

I've added your hub, Princessa.

Thanks Shirley smile

19. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I'll be writing something and it will center on the first two lines of the declaration.  Mainly it will focus on Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Sounds promising...

20. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 14 years ago

I found a few web sites that have great crafts for the kids and recipes for everyone to spice up the celebrations.

Free Fun Downloads for the Fourth of July

21. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Here is my Fourth of July contribution:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Make-A-F … uly-Magnet

22. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Finally had a chance to finish mine - just under the wire! Whew! smile

So happy to be back in the mob this week, here's mine:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Suquamish-Does- … -No-Other/

23. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I've posted my July 4th hub.

http://hubpages.com/hub/July-4th----The … e-Document

I hope you find it interesting.

24. Chuck profile image83
    Chuckposted 14 years ago

Here is my Hub in which I have shown how countries all around the world participated in the American Revolution.  Maybe this will help to broaden this week's topic for those who don't live in the U.S.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-American-Re … -World-War

25. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Hub has been updated!

Celebrate July 4th

Thanks Shirley smile

The new topic is out for the week, have fun with it
                             http://i3.tinypic.com/4pxsdjn.jpg

26. KT pdx profile image66
    KT pdxposted 14 years ago

Well, I got mine done, but the new topic is already up.  Here it is anyway:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Independence-Da … -Vancouver

27. SandraEye profile image53
    SandraEyeposted 14 years ago

Hey do fun with 4th of july crafts at favecrafts.com The joy of ‘crafting and holidays’. Here you can find lots of projects to celebrate 4th of july. I have been started to making now Americana Angel painting for my little angle.

http://www.favecrafts.com/Fourth-of-July

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)