jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Ideas?

1. AJHargrove profile image81
    AJHargroveposted 8 years ago

I'm new to HubPages, and I was wondering - what kinds of hubs are especially popular around here? I want to start out slow and make a few good-quality articles that plenty of people will read.

1. Haunty profile image82
      Hauntyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hubs don't get popular. People get popular.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image72
        Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Seems that way Haunty but in the long run ,Im not sure that is so with the greater audience.

2. JamaGenee profile image84
      JamaGeneeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Passion for a topic is what comes through in the best hubs. As others have said, write about what *you* personally know about, not what you *think* will be a high-traffic hub.  My two best-performing hubs were written as throwaways - hubs I expected to be so-so but went "viral" instead.

Also, this is a community, so a fair amount of socializing is required to generate traffic.  That means commenting on others' hubs - about the topic, *not* promoting your own hubs - and commenting in the forums (again on topic).

That said, welcome to Hubpages! cool

2. relache profile image84
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I suggest you write about things that you really know and love, which tends to produce higher-quality content.  In the long run, I've found that pays off better than just taking on some topic which might be temporarily popular.

Relache youre so right , I have probably two hubs that mean the most to me and they have remained popular in rankings ,which amazed me.
      Flew off in another direction ,initially did ok but now its just limping along.

Seems to be such a huge variety of topics that I truly think thats the best way to go.

Write what you feel comfortable writing ,at least to begin with.

p.s Ive discovered Im not a poet (lol)

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

I agree. Write on topics that are a favorite of yours or knowledgeable about. smile promotion will build your audience.

4. AJHargrove profile image81
    AJHargroveposted 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for the helpful comments.

Eaglekiwi: I'm not much of a poet either, so I don't think I'll attempt it as my main focus. Maybe sometime when I just want to play around or get confident enough to try something new on this site.

Well I was bambozzled to begin with , then just took the advice others have given you and wrote what I wanted someone to read.
      I learned a little more each time. And guess what I still ask questions.
      Write things you know about,or at least alot about and youll be amazed ,youll even surprise yourself!

Welcome to Hubpages , think of it like college and we are all at various stages.

working