There was an ad for the "Drag Me to Hell" movie on my profile page. I am mostly offended by horror movies, and was shocked that this was on my profile page. I do not believe that it is a Google Adsense ad. How can I censor this material? It had moving images that were too vile for general public. Maybe I'll write a hub on disrespectful ads on the internet :-)
Seriously, if anyone has an answer, I would love to see it. Thanks.
Ummm.....maybe try going to the about us section and try emailing someone on the HubPages team. I think the ads like that are pretty much random. That's my best guess.
You only receive 60% of the page impressions. The other 40% belong to hubpages. If it wasn't a google ad I would think it was one of theirs, and there is nothing you can do about it.
If it was a google ad, you can go to your adsense account and block the company providing the ad. This will at least stop it from displaying on your impressions.
Thanks both of you, I figured it was like that. Appreciate the possible solutions, I will them both.
by xpressrite2 years ago
So hubbers help? I had four hubs that went from the pending state to having the featured status. Originally they were all viewed on the page where you can hop hubs.Now I dont no where...
by Laura2 years ago
Hi I spent an hour researching online but no one seems to have the answer. On other sites I've been able to post my articles via URL on my Facebook FAN page with the picture, text popping up, but not HUB articles. No...
by Simone Haruko Smith4 years ago
In our latest blog post, we've shared James Edmondson's early designs for an updated Hub layout and profile page. Check out the blog post for a more detailed explanation of various aspects of each page. But...
by Melody Trent3 years ago
I have been monitoring my real time traffic for the past week. I have noticed that the active page is sometimes listed as "/". Does anyone know what that means? The last time it happened I checked and it was...
by Shasta Matova16 months ago
It appears that there has been a recent change on my profile page. Underneath the number of published hubs, there is a number of featured hubs. I do not want this to be shown. My ratio of featured hubs...
by Dorsi Diaz4 years ago
I just updated my HubPages profile a couple days ago and in my profile linked to some of my favorite hub topics that I wrote about. Is this bad to do this since on the profile page we have those same hubs randomly come...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.