jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

When writing a hub is it better to label it under a broader topic?

1. 0
    jacobt2posted 7 years ago

Suppose I am writing a hub on cars. But not just cars, I am writing about General Motors and how they are handling the recession, or someting like that. Is it better for me to keep my hub under the topic of Automotive? Or should I go all the way to Auto Crisis? Like so: Automotive → Auto Industry → Auto Crisis? Why?

2. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

I guess it all depends on how specific you want to be. The topic fits pretty good in the auto crisis cat. so you could put it there. I tend to stay broad because I never know for sure where to stick certain hubs. That way if someone is searching categories, mine won't get overlooked for being under the wrong heading.  I dunno...I hate picking categories.... hmm

1. 0
      jacobt2posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ya, I feel the same way. But I was wondering if some people look under more specific topics for hubs they want to read on...maybe?

1. freelanceworld profile image61
        freelanceworldposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You should be specific as possible when you are sure.

That will be lot better for your hub and you than general stuff.
        Though  thats of more help to people searching from hub Search only..i think

Hope that helps
        Enjoy hubbin smile

1. 0

I will see. thanks!

3. girly_girl09 profile image80
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I used to think that it might be better to put it under the broad category because it'll get more views or something. Not sure why I thought that, but it's not true. If it has a category that fits, use it! smile

You'll have a much better chance of people reading it if they go, for example, to the Auto Crisis section. If they just went to automotive, well there are hundreds of hubs each day on that topic. Your single hub would get lost in the crowd!

Another cool thing that happens is if your article gets really 'hot', then it will be featured on the automotive page under the hot automotive hubs for the main category.

1. 0

Ok, thats good to know! Thanks a million!