jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)

No shouting on digg??? True???

1. packerpack profile image59
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

It came as a big shock to me. Just now I logged in to my Digg acc. and they said that site will be up soon. I thought it might be some regular maintainance. But when the site came back I could not see any shouts that were there for me. Even in my friends activities there is no record. In history I do not see any link on right to shouts sent by me. Moreover there is no more option for us to shout our submissions. Is it true?????? sad sad .... Now what???

1. getpaidtopost profile image60
      getpaidtopostposted 8 years ago in reply to this

my account looks different. but not empty however I have over 4000 friends on digg so it normaly fills up fast. I do know they updated the site a few weeks ago and everything went blank but then came back again. not sure.

packerpackposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Only the shouting feature has been removed ..... rest remain same. I think they did this because by shouting to each other we were all getting lot of diggs for our articles. Maybe they took this as spamming. So now you just submit and if you wanna digg then follow the submissions or search for a story, read it and digg.

2. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

Shouts abolished on Digg (idiots that they are)

Thats why, the shouts have been abolished. This is most probably due to people feeding the comments to their blog. I use to do a while ago until Google got onto it.

2. packerpack profile image59

But I just cannot see you there anymore. It says the user does not exist. You left?

1. LondonGirl profile image91
        LondonGirlposted 8 years ago in reply to this

renamed myself - there was an idiot following me round. Now elijahyossie

O .... I thought it was because I had started asking to many favors from you lately that is why you fed up of me and left big_smile. I hope I am still your friend!

Not at all! Someone was just being a bit creepy, so I thought I'd start again.

3. cashmere profile image82
    cashmereposted 8 years ago

Okay at the risk of sounding ignorant, what is Digg?

it's a social networking / bookmarking site

2. getpaidtopost profile image60

Digg.com is a social networking site where you can post a page from the internet to. Digg is a tool I use often. If you create a hub then go to digg and add the url also add a title and details and then digg. Within 12 hours your hub page will sit at top spot on google for your chosen title/keywords. Your content has to be highly SEO for it to stay at the top spot with keywords included.

Hope this helps you cashmere

4. cashmere profile image82

oooh that's something I need to try out.
    How do you sign up for it?
    what's the url?

But now do not think it will be of much help if you join now. With shouting disabled, now we will have only hard core digg followers active there. I will continue using it but may not be so active. Have to be more active on twitter now.

However joining digg will not be harm either. Just write your Hub here, submit ti on the digg and then send an update each for Hub and for submission on digg.

5. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

www.digg.com

Don't jsut post hubs. Post other stuff too, and a hub now and again. Otherwise they think you are a spammer

Its ok to post your own stuff aslong as its not spam.
      if you. I will create a full howto hub latter tonight. This will help you understand the power of social networking if used in the right way. should be complete by 3am UK time (GMT)

6. bgpappa profile image87
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

Digg does allow you to submit your own stuff, but should Digg other stuff as well.  be somewhat active on the social bookmarking sites, don't just submit your stuff and leave.  That is how hubpages got banned from propel.

7. cashmere profile image82

Okay I made an account. Now I need friends. What are your user names on digg?
    Mine is cashlash

8. cashmere profile image82

So how do I find you london girl?
    Am rather lost here, as you can see.

I think you did find me - I've added you back

9. cashmere profile image82

Hey! I made friends with paperpack by following the link on digg

Thanks cash..... you are cool!

10. cashmere profile image82

Made friends with you too London girl. So now I have two people I know on digg.

11. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

I'm glad I read this thread. I was looking for the shout buttons on my Digg profile and couldn't figure out what happened to them...lol...
    I'll still post and digg, probably not as much but I'll still be around... I liked the shout button! I not only used it to shout my stuff but read others stuff as well.

http://digg.com/users/theartistchick

working