jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Initiative for Hub promotion on Orkut

1. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

Before I say a word, "Please let us know whether or not Orkut holds enough of potential for hub promotion i.e. will it be worth spending time on orkut to promote Hub?"

If the answer to the above question is YES then the new question is how?? I have not come across anything like sharing Hubs on Orkut.com like we can do it on facebook, twitter, digg etc. So the only option left is to have a strong community there. Can we have volunteers and ideas for the same????

Hope I am sounding practical!!!!

1. apeksha profile image59
      apekshaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have pasted my profiles link in to the orkut qoutes place n there I use to tell my frnds to chk n signup for hubpages...
      u can do the same,,,but there is no such facilities in orkut like in twitter, facebook,Hi5,....etc...

2. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

Not a single reply. Is it that this idea will not work???

3. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 8 years ago

Packerpack please explain what you mean. Maybe I need a coffee!
    Then when I am fully clear I can fully answer smile

packerpackposted 8 years ago in reply to this

My main motive is to get some more traffic from some different source. Orkut came in my mind as no one was talking about it. Unfortunately there is no such service from Orkut to update about our Hubs there like in twitter or facebook. So I was just wondering if some of us here can start a community there, make it popular with some good idea resulting in some good traffic here. For that to happen we really have to be innovative and committed. But before everything else it is important to know if this idea of using Orkut as a Hub promotion tool is feasible (already said in the original post).

4. frogdropping profile image84

Don't you just luuuuuurve how clever the tinterweb is? I'm looking at Orkut and it knows I'm in Portugal therefore I obviously speak Portuguese.

Isn't technology wonderful?

And presumptious neutral

*translating - slowly*

Sorry I did not understand anything here. Sorry my English is a weak! sad

5. frogdropping profile image84

Apologies Packer! I was meaning the fact that Orkut used my IP address, figured out I'm in Portugal therefore delivered it's site upon my screen assuming my default language is Portuguese. Which its not.

And that is what I meant by 'presumptious'.

O I understood that but I was not able to relate it to the OP. Ya true they generally assume that people in a country will speak the native language. That is why they say all computers of the world combined is inferior then the one each one of us carries on our shoulders. smile

So got any idea about what I asked in OP??

6. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 8 years ago

I am signed up with Orkut.  I don't have the savvy to put together a good community.  I will join and support.

working