jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Hereford, TX and the gross smell of money

1. Laughing Mom profile image57
    Laughing Momposted 8 years ago

I was sound asleep through Amarillo. Someone should have warned me, or at least turned on the recirc fan, because the smell of the feedlots in Hereford woke me up from a dead sleep. I understand it's the smell of money, but dang!!!! I'd forgotten how bad it can get in the heat!!!

2. profile image0
    Janettaposted 8 years ago

LOL, we always know when we're passing the pig farms around here tongue

Laughing Momposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Eeeeewwww! Doesn't sound much more pleasant. I AM looking forward to one of the really good steaks that one of those cows died for in about an hour when we FINALLY get where we're going. Extra Well Done, though. They hate to hear that around here.

3. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

LOL.....it used to be chickens around here.  There used to be an egg farm.  If the wind was out of the right direction you got a good whiff of chicken poop coming from the chicken coop.

Chicken poop from the chicken coop. Sounds like a really bad country song!
      We have 'cock yards' in OK because cock fighting is big there, but they don't smell this bad! Of course a cow is substantially larger than a rooster, which would mean substantially larger piles of poop, which, if you follow some obscure math theory would mean more smell per ounce. But then, the feed probably goes through a rooster faster, meaning more incidents of pooping.
      Now my head is spinning.

4. profile image0
    Janettaposted 8 years ago

OMG...my gutter mind just giggled at 'cock yard'

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I read that as googled lmao

1. profile image0
        Janettaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

LOL!! that would have been worse!! Can u imagine what would have come up?!?!  hehe "come up"

2. Laughing Mom profile image57

I figured it would, Janetta!

5. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

I think that would make a fine and dandy country song....

If only I could write lyrics, I'd create one.....I bet Willie would do it.

Yeah, but you could do it so much better!!!  come on, KCC.  Give it a try.

6. k@ri profile image79
    k@riposted 8 years ago

I know exactly which feedlot you passed!  I hated passing it, it's not the #2 that smells as bad as the #1.  LOL...the smell of money!  Hope your trip is going well otherwise!

For the song, do you all remember that song, "Chicken Truck"? Sung by John Anderson?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R0KVPgFC04

I had been successful at blocking it out of my mind until now, k@ri.  I don't know whether to thank you or smack you!  :-)

working